Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Oh Where have all the Nymphs Been?

Hi Bandpal, haven't seen you on for a while. How is your wife?

Where have all the nymphs gone, not much action here for quite some time?

sorry for silence, have been busy and kind of sad. Wife better but still sick, high white blood cell count and Fluid still left in lung are keeping her in hospital. we (me and kids) have just come back from seeing her over the weekend - a 400 km trip each way. I'm beat, will write more later. Thanks for not giving up on me Sades!

sorry for silence, have been busy and kind of sad. Wife better but still sick, high white blood cell count and Fluid still left in lung are keeping her in hospital. we (me and kids) have just come back from seeing her over the weekend - a 400 km trip each way. I'm beat, will write more later. Thanks for not giving up on me Sades!

You are in my prayers Bandpal. I can feel the the sadness in your email. Do know that this is just a season and that your wife will get stronger. I know things seem bleak right now and difficult with trying to handle everything. Do you have any help? Do you have someone that can assist you with the children? You need to have some downtime for you. I wish I could fly over there to help because I understand how difficult it can be.

Cheer up buddy and know that you are thought of by your November Nymph family.

Cindy

You poor thing Bandpal. Don't feel bad about not responding, I was just concerned. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with your wife. Hang in there, I'm sure she appreciates you and the kids being there for her. Take care and if you need anything just let me know. x

Ditto Bandpal. We're not nagging you, we just get concerned when you are not around. Tell your wife we are all pulling for her. I know you have a string community there in Israel to help you out, and you also have good wishes coming from abroad.

Bandpal,

We're worried about you man. You've been silent too long.

How's your wife? Are you remembering to take care of yourself, too? We are thinking of you....

Dear Friends,

Thank you all for your concern during this past month. My wife is home from the hospital, back at work and recovering quickly, and the kids are getting used to living in a two parent household again.

Although I managed to hold it together foodwise while my wife was in the hospital, things have gotten lax since she's returned. My weight's gone from 94.7 to 96.3 kilo (from 208 - 211 lbs.), and although it's not very much, it's my largest gain since having been banded. I feel as though I've lost the thread a little bit... I'd be grateful to hear from anyone on this.

I've been sick for a couple of days, I think that with things finally getting back to normal around here, I finally let myself crash. But I think I'm coming out of that now. Thanls again for not giving up on me.

Bandpal,

So glad your wife is all better. We were worried. Now get some rest! Don't worry about a couple of pounds. You're doing great and will get back on track.

My sentiments exactly. How could you not be stressed after what you've been through. Take it easy on yourself, those couple of lbs will be gone before you know it. For now it's about nurturing yourself and enjoying the fact that you have your wife back home. Everything will be back to normal soon enough.

Bandpal - a few pounds for all the stress is no biggie! I know it's hard to go from no exercise and being stressed to getting on track again. The first day is the hardest - but then you get into your exercise/diet routine and life is suddenly not that hard again. Take care of yourself!

3 pound gain? Awww ... don't sweat it! I see-saw back and fourth by about 3 pounds on a daily basis. Yesterday my scale said 226, today it said 228. There are so many variables that play into it from dehydration to even the weather, that I'm not going to worry (and neither should you) about such a small variation. Now that the home life is settling back down for you I'm sure those 3 pounds will evaporate right off anyway!

Glad to hear the wife is doing well. Don't stress, it's all good. :biggrin:

ok, now i don't feel so bad that i have hit the wall for the last couple of months. my problem, like others, has been an issue of quality, not quantity. i can usually eat about a cup and a half of food. i can eat almost anything. when i have chicken i put bleu cheese dressing on it to help it go down easier. if i bullet it then it's no problem. bread is ok if i eat very slow and chew real good. the big problem...chocolate never gets stuck. nor Gummy worms.

i am making a renewed effort since sunday to eat better. next week i am having a fill. it's been since march. takes a 3 week wait to get one now. place getting busier.

on a side note, today i had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee to repair torn miniscus. in 2 weeks i am having my left knee done again. had the same thing on left knee 2 1/2 yrs ago. i have no cartilage in my knees. makes it very hard to excercise. even walking is painful. new knees....someday. they wont let me have them now as i am underage. never thought i would be underage for anything at 42, except social security.

Thanks, you guys... I needed that. Today was a good day and I pledge to you that I'm going to end it without eating. Your good common sense and encouragement are amazing! I can do this thing... and as far as bringing the scale down further, I might have to actually consider exercize (it's my dirty little secret that I've lost all my weight so far without any). I want to go in to my doc this week and get a referral for a stress test. Good luck coming back from the surgery, mzterniceguy. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Bandpal,

I am so glad your wife is better. I was worried. I have been playing with the same 4 pounds for a month so I got a fill today. I only got .25 and I think it will be great. I had it done under flouro and everything looked great. You did remarkably well considering the stress you were under.

Take care,

Jill