Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Oh Where have all the Nymphs Been?

Kandiceb,

If only I had your discipline. Congrats on an awesome job! I'm trying so hard just to get under 200. You've passed that mark with ease.

Thanks for the inspiration. Time for me to crack down! :cursing:

38418968fh6.jpg

Hang in there Bandpal. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your wife.

Thank You, Foofy and Sades for your kind wishes. Things could be better - my wife has pneumonia and has been moved to a hospital in the center of the country where they are trying to get the Fluid out of her left lung. Looks like she'll be there at least another couple of days and then it's back down to our local hospital. I've been told that it'll be a while before she's able to function fully.

I'll say this for myself - this is the first "crisis" in my life since the band , and for the first time I find myself dealing with life's demands without food as a crutch. I'm doing okay with the kids and with my committments at work, showing up where I have to and basically dealing with whatever comes.

Back to cleaning the house - have a good weekend, everybody!

Love,

Good on you Bandpal, it's such an achievement to deal with things in a different and obviously more positive way. My thoughts and prayers are with your wife.

Thanks Cindy and Sades - my wife finally had a drain put in her lung and now we have to wait for everything to drain out. They'll also run an analysis on the Fluid and ascertain that the buildup has stopped for good before taking out the drain and sending her either back home to back to our local hospital. Tell you what - I have a new-found respect for pneumonia. I'm going to try to go up north and try to visit her for a day as long as I can find coverage for my three children, Moe, Curly and Larry [note: not their real names but an accurate characterization of their maturity, God bless 'em. No stooges were harmed in the writing of this post].

Bandpal I love reading your posts,,

I will keep your and your family and wife in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and Full recovery!!!

Thanks Cindy and Sades - my wife finally had a drain put in her lung and now we have to wait for everything to drain out. They'll also run an analysis on the Fluid and ascertain that the buildup has stopped for good before taking out the drain and sending her either back home to back to our local hospital. Tell you what - I have a new-found respect for pneumonia. I'm going to try to go up north and try to visit her for a day as long as I can find coverage for my three children, Moe, Curly and Larry [note: not their real names but an accurate characterization of their maturity, God bless 'em. No stooges were harmed in the writing of this post].

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery. Although, phneumonia is a long recovery and she won't be herself for a long while. You are a really good husband and Dad. Make sure you get some time for yourself.

Cindy

That sounds awful Bandpal but at least it will help her. Keep us posted.

Wow Bandpal! I had pneumonia once. My daughter picked it up in school and gave it to the whole family. My son, then hubby, and finally me. None of us had to be hospitalized but we all felt awful and the cough took forever to clear. Your poor wife must have gotten a really bad case of it. Hope she gets better soon!

Thanks very much for the support, everyone - I really appreciate it. It's amazing how "three dimensional" virtual friends can be!

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery. Although, phneumonia is a long recovery and she won't be herself for a long while. You are a really good husband and Dad. Make sure you get some time for yourself.

You're right about the long recovery, Hollyberries - we have some serious attitude adjustment and changes in lifestyle in store for us in our household. My wife is going to have to start taking better care of herself, and her practice of working while sick is definitely a thing of the past. The kids have been great - their lack of perspective and young ages (3, 5 and 7) makes this a potentially very difficult experience, and I think I've done a good job of being there for them.

That sounds awful Bandpal but at least it will help her. Keep us posted.

Yech, Sades - it sounds awful indeed but it is helping, which is a pretty good thing, since the next step would be open lung surgery.

Wow Bandpal! I had pneumonia once. My daughter picked it up in school and gave it to the whole family. My son, then hubby, and finally me. None of us had to be hospitalized but we all felt awful and the cough took forever to clear. Your poor wife must have gotten a really bad case of it. Hope she gets better soon!

Boy - I'll be happy to avoid that scenario, CindyG. Nothing worse than the whole family being sick and having those germs ping-ponging around the house... they were so afraid of my wife contaminating other passengers that they sent her up to the hospital in the center of the country by ambulance rather then flying her up - that's a 4.5 hour trip as opposed to a 50 minute flight!

This wasn't the best weekend for me foodwise, but that's over now (Sunday is a workday here) - here's to a good week for us all.

Love,

Edited by bandpal

Hey Bandpal,

just checking in to see how your wife is doing. I have my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Stay strong.