Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again??

I have my surgery date for MAy 5th and I am still undecided if I should go through with it. My biggest concerns are future complications and discomfort if I don't chew enough. I'm scared that I'll be the one patient out of 100 that has problems with it and I'll never feel the same....it may not sound logical but these are my fears! If you had the choice to do it again would you or not? Do you really believe it is worth it????

I have my surgery date for MAy 5th and I am still undecided if I should go through with it. My biggest concerns are future complications and discomfort if I don't chew enough. I'm scared that I'll be the one patient out of 100 that has problems with it and I'll never feel the same....it may not sound logical but these are my fears! If you had the choice to do it again would you or not? Do you really believe it is worth it????

Kate

You are not alone in your fears - we all had them - Giving up your best Friend (food) is a difficult thing - it is very emotional. As we use food to soothe our emotions...

I would do it again in a HEARTBEAT - I feel 10 yrs younger - I have 100% more energy - and I love the way I look..

Do I believe its worth it - HELL YA - I really don't like the saying "nothing taste as good as thin feels" but I gotta say - thinner feels a whole lot better that fat. Do I miss eating ya - sometimes - not often - but occasionally i do. But it's a passing thought now adays.

If I want a piece of cake I will have it once in a great while - it's not that one piece of cake that makes you fat - it's eating the whole thing that does.

I eat healthy 98% of the time and allow treats 2% - I don't feel deprived.

Only you can make this choice but since you asked - I thought I would give you my 2 cents :crying:

Good Luck on your journey

Hi there,

Indigogirl said it perfectly.

Every one of us had the same fears when we were about to have surgery. I wondered why I would put my poor body through an operation when it was perfectly healthy, but fat. But I was so unhappy and felt that I could never accomplish this without the band as a tool.

The operation was not a big deal. I was fortunate in that I had no problems and none of the dreaded gas, but even that doesn't last long. The people that I spoke to who had this operation around the time I did, had some pain, but were all thrilled with their operation and their results. Myself, I felt back to normal within a week of the surgery and the incisions are very small.

It's been six months for me, and I'm losing slowly, but I am so happy. I haven't been able to lose this much weight for ages, and although I've only lost 33 pounds so far, it is the most I've lost in four years, so that is an accomplishment.

I have some of that burping when I eat too fast, but I'm learning to chew better and enjoy my food more in the process. And I'm optimistic that this time I will actually get to goal! And because I'm not hungry, my thoughts aren't about food all the time.

I wish I'd known about this three years ago. I'd be thin by now and enjoying my life already! (I am, but I want to be thin!):crying:

Good luck in your decision!

Mary

I would do it again in a heartbeat too. Best I have ever felt in years. My quality of life has gotten so much better. Self esteem is up also. Love my band.

I had my surgery on July 27th.

Have I ever had food stick?....yes

Was it uncomfortable?...yes

Did I do it again?.....unfortunatley yes

Have I learned over time what to eat and what to avoid?....yes

It is also very uncomfortable to be over weight!

Would I do it again?..... In a heart beat!!!

I can now cross my legs when I sit, bend over and tie my shoe, run around with my kids at the park, shop at non plus size stores, eat a small portion and feel totally satisfied, stop eating even if there is still food on my plate.....the list goes on and on. I must say the benefits out weigh the other.

Good look with what ever decision you make.

I'd do it again...

...and I've not even done it yet!

To frickin funny :cry_smile::lol::confused: Love it :rolleyes2:

I'd do it again in a red hot minute! When you first learned to ride a bike you probably fell off a few times, and may have scraped a knee once or twice. Did you quit? Did you consider not doing it because of the possible pain? Nope? If you are one of the VERY few this doesn't work for - it is reversible. But I don't understand how it CAN'T work, unless you conciously sabotage yourself.

My surgery date is May 12th and sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up with fears about my choice. Hearing your words of encouragement are so comforting. I want to be like you! I want to eat healthy 98% of the time and be able to have small tastes of cake when others are indulging at work or parties. I want to feel like my focus is not on the food table but the converstions and activities around me. I know I am making the right choice and I am not going to let thoes small moments of self doubt stop me from making this decision. I need this tool to have a better life. Becky

My surgery date is May 12th and sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up with fears about my choice. Hearing your words of encouragement are so comforting. I want to be like you! I want to eat healthy 98% of the time and be able to have small tastes of cake when others are indulging at work or parties. I want to feel like my focus is not on the food table but the converstions and activities around me. I know I am making the right choice and I am not going to let thoes small moments of self doubt stop me from making this decision. I need this tool to have a better life. Becky

Becky

We all were scared and a little doubtful before surgery - Heck I am still scared - just cuz I have been banded and am almost to goal - doesn't mean that I won't gain it all back and then some. I KNOW that for me this will be a lifetime battle - but that with the help of my band I WILL WIN THE WAR !!!!

Good Luck...

I just had surgery on 4/23 and I would do it again. I have had restriction since surgery.. while I expect it to fade until I get my first fill I am content right now.. food doesn't look as good and I am happy with just getting in some liquids. I haven't weighed yet but im sure I have lost something.

Would do it again for sure.

I have never, for even one minute, regretted getting the band. I could not have lost 32 pounds without it, and the best part is that I don't have to constantly be stressing that I am going to gain the weight back. Honestly, every day I thank God for allowing me to have had the surgery because I am finally hopeful that I am going to lose the blasted weight. The PB's are not enough to change my mind. They are avoidable, you just need to slow down. I understand your having second thoughts, but truly, the band is a wonderful thing.