Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr.s Johnell, Snyder, Brown, Kirschenbaum??

Anyone have any info on these Dr.s? I went to Dr. Johnells info session on Tues. am going to Dr. Snyder's on Sat. and Dr. Brown's on Monday. Has anyone used any of these guys? What did you like? not like? Also, just found out from reading these boards about Dr. Kirschenbaum and seems lots of folks come here from all over for him. But what concerned me there is that there's no info sessions, or center of excellence rating, but he does sound cheaper. Not that price should be the only consideration when it comes to surgery but it sure would be a benefit! I'll more than likely have to selfpay.

Hi there, I am traveling from Florida on July 31st to be banded by Dr. Kirshenbaum. I have gone to other info sessions here in Florida so I did have my questions answered before calling his office. After talking with many people on this site, I have heard nothing but good things about him. I even talked with a previous patient of his that works at the Parker Surgery Center where the procedures are done and she assures me that it is all brand new and really nice and that Dr. K. is very caring about his patients. I have a phone consult with him on this coming Wednesday 7/9 and I will let you know what I think.

Sandy

I finally made an appt. for my surgery. I chose Dr. Kirshenbaum as well and I would love to know how your phone consult went and what you thought. My surgery is on Sept. 3. I am also in Florida, Tallahassee. Where do you live? Good luck to you.

Tally, I really enjoyed talking with him. He is very easy to talk to and answers any questions you might have very thoroughly. He is also very funny. He put me at ease right away and I really feel good about having him for my surgeon. I live in Spring Hill which is about 1 hour north of Tampa and quite a ride from Tallahassee. My surgery is July 31st and I am very excited. I will let you know how things go. Good luck to you.

Sandy

Thanks, that meakes me feel better. My phone consult is Aug. 8. What a small world! My Dad lives in Spring Hill and my husband's family all live in the area too, Aripeka, New Port Richey. How long will you be staying in CO. after your surgery?

It truly is a small world. If you're ever down this way visiting, give me a shout and we can swap stories. I will be in Colorado only for 2 more days after surgery. I have a brother in Boulder, CO which is really close to Parker, but I probably won't get to visit with him on this trip and probably won't feel like either. Maybe when I go back for my first fill I will stay longer and try to see him. I just love Colorado, but couldn't stay very long this time because my son is coming with me and he has to be back to work on Monday. My hubby couldn't get any more time off from work because we just came back from a 2 week cruise to Alaska. I'll keep ya posted.

Sandy

That would be nice :) I am only satying three days after surgery and I was hoping that would be long enough. From what I hear it should be. Do you know how long after surgery you go back for your first fill? I haven't ahd my consult yet so I don't know but I would sure like to book airfare ahead of time to get a good deal.

Hi gals,

Hope you love our beautiful state when you come visit for surgery. I started this thread a few months ago looking for info on all 4 surgeons. I ended up going with Dr. Snyder so not sure how soon Dr. K has you come back for fills but generally it's about 6 weeks if that helps.

Also, thought I'd let you know Parker is about an hour with no traffic from Boulder.

I may be coming to your state in a few weeks, my mom lives near Leesburg FL.

Oh and I went on an Alaskan cruise right before my surgery too!!

Hi Long2bThin, We didn't discuss when the first fill would be on the phone, but it seems like 6 weeks would be around the right time. How is the weather right now in CO? I can't wait to see it again. Very different from Florida that's for sure. I thought Boulder would be more like a half hour ride from Denver. I guess an hour is more realistic. I have a nice rental car waiting for me and my son will be driving so I don't care. How did you enjoy your Alaska cruise? Ours was wonderful. When I think of all the food I consumed, I wonder if I will ever enjoy a cruise the same way. I know I shouldn't think like that, but I can't help it. Old habits die hard. Well, keep us posted on how you are doing and good luck to you.

Boulder is closer to Denver, but Parker is quite a bit south, that's probably why it seems further than you thought.

The weather today is perfect! Low 80's no humidity and not a cloud in the sky. Yesterday however it was 98 or something. We have little humidity generally so though that's still hot, it's nothing like 90's in FL.

I'm doing great with my band. I get my first fill on Monday and I need it. The past few days have been difficult with hunger and wanting to eat more and the wrong things.

I wondered on the cruise too, and then thought there's more to cruising than just enjoying the food. I am supposed to go with friends on one in the Carribean come spring, so I will find out. But I think the fact that maybe I can wear a bathing suit will out weigh the gorging out on the food! I did enjoy my all you can drink soda card on the cruise though and then gave it up cold turkey. I miss it sometimes, especially on a hot summer day!

Hi,

I had dr. Kirshenbaum, he is extremley nice! My surgery went well, I had it on 6/3. I leave friday for my first fill, a little nervous, but it should be okay. I am from washington state, so, flying isnt that fun. I found denver to be a little boring, but oh well. Good luck on your surgeries.

Hi,

I had dr. Kirshenbaum, he is extremley nice! My surgery went well, I had it on 6/3. I leave friday for my first fill, a little nervous, but it should be okay. I am from washington state, so, flying isnt that fun. I found denver to be a little boring, but oh well. Good luck on your surgeries.

Denver, boring? Oh my goodness! But I guess different strokes for different folks. I wasn't born here,but grew up here til my early 20's when we got transferred away, after living in 6 states and travelling to all 50 except a few southeastern ones,(and yes that includes Vancover, WA LOL) there's no place I'd rather be. WE finally got to move back after 25 yrs away and I am staying put. Maybe you'll see something you like after your fill. :biggrin2: But what makes a big difference is all my family is here too. Good luck on your fill. Will you always come back here for your fills?

=) I had some fun, but I guess it wasn't what I expected. Though I hear the beer tours are great lol =). I hope to go back for my fills, but tickets are so expensive [who knows]. For now I plan on going back and forth. I am really struggling with my weight right now and getting enough Protein and Water in. I've been at my current weight for a few weeks now. What have you been doing?

That is why I was thinking it was only a half hour away. I remember once my brother took me from his house to the airport in Denver and it was a very short ride. I have never been to Parker. Glad to hear the weather is nice. I hear you about wondering what a cruise will be like post band. You are right though. When you put your bathing suit, it will all be worth it. It's too bad that so much of the cruise is centered around eating. That will be a hard one for me. The last ship I was on had the most beautiful hot tubs both inside and out and I was dying to go in, but refused to walk the deck of the ship in a bathing suit, so I missed out on something I really love, so yes this will be well worth not eating everything in sight. I also wanted to take a helicopter ride that lands you on the glaciers and couldn't do that because if you are over 250 lbs. you have to pay double--too humiliating and I would not subject myself to that, but again--missed out on something fun. I know this is the right thing and am very excited about it. I'll keep you posted.

Sandy

That is why I was thinking it was only a half hour away. I remember once my brother took me from his house to the airport in Denver and it was a very short ride. I have never been to Parker. Glad to hear the weather is nice. I hear you about wondering what a cruise will be like post band. You are right though. When you put your bathing suit, it will all be worth it. It's too bad that so much of the cruise is centered around eating. That will be a hard one for me. The last ship I was on had the most beautiful hot tubs both inside and out and I was dying to go in, but refused to walk the deck of the ship in a bathing suit, so I missed out on something I really love, so yes this will be well worth not eating everything in sight. I also wanted to take a helicopter ride that lands you on the glaciers and couldn't do that because if you are over 250 lbs. you have to pay double--too humiliating and I would not subject myself to that, but again--missed out on something fun. I know this is the right thing and am very excited about it. I'll keep you posted.

Sandy

Oh I wanted to do that helipcopter ride too! But no way was I paying double. there was another excursion, dog sledding, but didn't do it as I was afraid of the weight thing though I don't think it said a limit. I just felt sorry for the dogs pulling me. LOL

Our next cruise will be focused on doing those things and hot tubs instead of food!!