Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this forum~ Hello Everyone !

Hello Everyone !!

My name is Kim. Im a 42 yr old 1st time excited grammy to be and I live in MI.

I had my surgery on Jan. 9th, 08 and this wk Ill be getting my band filled for the 1st time. The delay comes from complications after surgery because the incision over my port tore when I fell after I came home, I lose feeling alot in my legs due to a back injury and at the time it wasnt a bad tear (went to ER) but after 4 more trips to the ER the incision had became about 5 inches in length and was gettin infected from bein so open. ughh Soo after several weeks of antibiotics and prayers to avoid having the port removed it is now healed nice with the exception of an ugly scar.. Im nervous bout the fill yet excited at the same time. I have lost 54 lbs since my 1st visit back in Nov. 07 to Dr. Daniel Baxter of Hillsdale. He btw is AWESOME and I couldnt ask for a better physician. I am soo impressed with this site/forum and I wish Id came sooner the people here seem so helpful and I look forward to sharing my journey with ya'll ! So enuff of my ramblings, I look forward to talking / learning with everyone here :blushing:

Good Luck with your first fill, good to hear that you are healing nicely! Great job on the Weightloss!!

Keep it Up!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragment and support :redface:. This is definantly a journey that is worth EVERY thing I have and continue to go thru.

I am from the outskirts of Hillsdale and have not attended any of the suport group mtgs as Im unable to drive with this back injury. This is something I hope to again do someday and hopefully as I shed the weight the pressure on the damage to my back eases and the loss of feelin to my legs goes with it.. I wish anyone going thru this process much luck and can tell them it will be worth EVERYTHING you have ta do,deal with and go thru... I have felt so much in common with so many of you here from the wait process to the nervousness of being accepted by INS. Now as I ready for my 1st band fill Im nervous yet excited knowing what follows.. I chose the lap band because my mother had the invasive gastric bypass and in my opinion she lost too much TOO fast, yes shes healthy now but the cold hard facts are against her with her pouch stretching and her regaining weight. I wanted a quick heal time and a less invasive process for myself... Blessings to you ALL !! And again Thank you ~Caffey

Ps, Georgia girl yes I love my coffee, LOL btw I moved ta MI from Gainesville GA..

Hi Kim

Welcome to lapbandtalk. This is a great place. I get my fills in Hillsdale also, by Dr. March. I really like them. I live up near stockbridge. Maybe we could get together sometime when I am down there for a fill.