Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Listen to your BODY & your Doctor.

Was banded 12/20/07 with 2 cc put in at that time. . Didn't have my first fill unitl March 11, had 2 ccs added in a 12 cc band. I was losing wait at a good clip, but was abl to eat ALOT. When I got my fill, followed my Dr's orders, liquids for a couple of days, mushoes, etc, but anytime I tried to get past mushies I would get sick, vomitting food, slime (what seemed like gallons :blushing: & generally sick to my stomach for days. I kept thinking, it must be MY fault, trying foods I shouldn't, eating too fast, etc. My doc is also 2½ hours away, so it's not just a quick trip across town to gt there. Talked to my Dr & still thought it was me, talked about getting an unfill, by this point I was sick to my stomach at least 4 days a week & spent 1 night in the ER with fluids,antinausea drugs, Xrays, the works YUCK! I was getting to the poin where holding down liquids wasn't even working..Went in for an unfill today. Got 3 ccs removed & WOW what a releif! I feel great again!~ But, my Dr noticed on the Xrays that my band has tipped a bit from it's original placment. He didn't seemed too concerned. I have to call him in a couple of days, then we wait a bit for a small fill again....I am willing to wait. I WISH I would have listend to my body the first couple of weeks into feeling SO ill & had the unfill then! But, as they said, hind sight is 20/20. So listen to your body, don't look at an unfill as a set back! Be healthy everyone!

MN ilene

weight.png

MNilene,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I totally needed to hear your email. Especially the last part about not being a setback. I got my 3rd fill of 1cc (for a total of 7cc in 10cc band) on Friday and started having trouble on Sunday. PBing and not able to keep anything down. I went in today for an unfill and he took out 1cc. After having it done, I felt such relief but then started to worry that I was going to be back to being hungry all of the time. But you are right it is not a setback. We have to listen to our bodies and this is a life long journey. So good luck and thanks for reminding me to look at the positive.

I was searching for a post like this. I had my first fill last Thursday feel many of the things you are feeling. If I even think about a solid Protein of any kind I slime for like an hour. Gross! I have not had the upset stomach. I am going to get well back into mushies for the next few days then try the the solids again. If they are still not working, I will go in for an unfill.

I don't mind waiting because I can still get some pretty decent Proteins without reverting back to Protein shakes.

I am glad your unfill did the trick. If I start to feel the upset stomach or the solids don't get better by about the weekend, I will go back to the doc.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Edited by Texgirly