Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got distracted with Johnny Depp...forgot to list more movies...Oh I LOVED Kirk Cameron - I must have seen ever episode of Growing Pains 100 times. I remember when Leonardo DiCaprio was on that show...ah the memories!

Oh, Growing Pains is a classic! I had such a crush on him, I think his confidence on the show had a big part in that. I loved him in the movie "Big" too, with Tom Hanks.

His sister played on a good one too, "Full House". I love those kinds of shows and I still watch the repeats on TV.

Some others I liked were "Who's the Boss", "The Cosby Show", "Facts of Life", "The Wonder Years" (DH hated that show but I really liked it), "Head of the Class", "Different Strokes", and "Punky Brewster". Oh, and "Saved by the Bell" in the late 80's.

They just don't make em like that anymore.

And cartoons, don't get me started on those, lol.

Do ya'll remember pound puppies? I used to have like a hundred of them.

Edited by georgia girl

Sorry NKOTB fans...I was a headbanger! I had a Tshirt the first year or so that the Simpsons were out that said "I HATE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK" and had a picture of Bart sticking out his tongue. I alternated that shirt with all of my Def Leppard shirts.

Queensryche remains one of my favorite bands.

I am a massive Hall and Oates fan. MASSIVE.

Salem's Lot is one of my favorite movies. Fred Willard was in it!

Our group needs to develop an 80's logo. =D

We loved The Cosby Show.. Was I the only one, or did any of the rest of you have to stand at the tv and change channels for your dad because we didn't have remote controls yet!! I loved NKOTB, but wasn't much of a rocker. I still watch reruns of most of the shows you mentioned Georgia.

I think a logo would rock!!!

Just so you know...

it is WRONG to see that picture of the Hoff before 6am. EEWWWWW!!!!

And, I admit, I didn't read the whole thread, but since I noticed another rocker...

QUIET RIOT! Woot! Cum On Feel the Noise....:coolgleamA:

Guest Leslie2Lose

I loved me some Punky Brewster!

Although it's not technically 80's (late 70's/early 80's). I was a HUGE Dukes of Hazzard Fan. I didn't miss an episode. John Schneider (Bo) was my first crush. Growing up in the deep south, Dukes was huge! I can't tell you how many bicycles (and heart attacks I almost gave my mom) I jumped and raced, bow-and-arrows. Of course, I was always Daisy!

The Hoff is so nasty. But for that matter, I think Patrick Dempsey is nasty too, young and older, but lots of people seem into him. So maybe there are Hoffamaniacs out there somewhere. You never know.

When I was maybe 5 or 6 my dad and I would watch a Saturday morning wrestling show called "GLOW" or Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. Anyone remember this? All their characters were extreme stereotypes - you had the clueless rich blond, the naive sexy country girl, the fat Polynesian who was always eating pineapple, etc.

This was back before the days when Hulk body slammed Andre. Hehe. You couldn't pay me to watch wrestling now, but I used to love watching it with my dad on Saturday mornings.

If you were an 80's kid you probably remember "Kids Incorporated". It was sort of a knock off of the Mickey Mouse Club. Here's the trivia:

One member of Kids Inc. is now a famous solo artist. She started out as a member of a well known pop/rock band and then branched off to do her own thing. Here first name was Stacy. Who is she?

The Unofficial Kids Incorporated Show Music/Video Page!

Here she is, if you can't access youtube just download it.

Edited by abeaher

Honestly, I was 7 or 8 when Punky Brewster came out and I couldn't stand her. I wanted to slap her. Every episode, she wouldn't get her way about something, and instead of just dealing with it she's go off and pout or try to runaway because she was an orphan and no one loved her. I could not stand her whiny orphan butt.

The 80s had the best commercials... far better than tv shows. Remember the Honeycomb Hideout? Max Headroom? The California Raisins? The Crest fighters and Toothopolis? Spuds Mackenzie?

I remember that show. Cripes, I remember part of the theme song. "We're kids incorporated... K-I-D-S" or something like that.

I think this was probably late 70's, but does anyone remember BJ and the Bear? I loved Greg Evigan! :w00t: :lol: I think he was my first crush. :w00t:

This was back before the days when Hulk body slammed Andre. Hehe. You couldn't pay me to watch wrestling now, but I used to love watching it with my dad on Saturday mornings.

I LOVED watching wrestling back in the day. Hate it now. Do you remember the cartoon with Hulk Hogan, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, Junkyard Dog, Fabulous Moolah, and Rowdy Roddy Piper? Rockin Wrestling, or something, wasn't it?