Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which celebrity do YOU think needs the Lap Band?

Yeah, I'm really wanting to get a swimsuit now, but I don't know when I'd use it! My parents have a weekend/vacation house at a lake, and I'd usually be spending my weekends there, but since I started some new part-time jobs recently, I'm swamped. My apartment complex has a pool, but I've never been much for sitting around and doing nothing in a pool. Plus, I burn like nothing else, so with my luck I'd get skin cancer. Seriously, when my brother got married, the ceremony was less than 20 minutes long and I came away from it with pink shoulders and cheeks.

Yeah, I'm really wanting to get a swimsuit now, but I don't know when I'd use it! My parents have a weekend/vacation house at a lake, and I'd usually be spending my weekends there, but since I started some new part-time jobs recently, I'm swamped. My apartment complex has a pool, but I've never been much for sitting around and doing nothing in a pool. Plus, I burn like nothing else, so with my luck I'd get skin cancer. Seriously, when my brother got married, the ceremony was less than 20 minutes long and I came away from it with pink shoulders and cheeks.

Ha, that reminds me of my sister's wedding a few weeks ago. She got married at the beach and we stayed there the whole week before her wedding. Like an idiot, I laid out a couple of days before the wedding and I got so sunburne!. I looked like a lobster! I was so burnt that I could barely walk from the swelling. My legs looked huge! I really think I had sun poisoning or something. And to top that, I had to sing at the wedding! I'm sure I looked like a freak up there singing!

I really should have known better. I burn really easily, I always have.

Georgia, I did the same thing a couple of years ago. My brother was getting married, and as it was both their second marriage, they decided to do it with just the immediate family on the beach in Destin. We all went up and rented a huge house about a week before hand. The day before the wedding I went down to lay out on the beach. About three hours later my hubby wakes me up. I had fallen asleep!! I have never experienced such pain in my life. Just like you, my legs swelled up huge and I could hardly walk. When I did, it felt like someone was jabbing knives into my legs. Man, did I learn my lesson!

Georgia, I did the same thing a couple of years ago. My brother was getting married, and as it was both their second marriage, they decided to do it with just the immediate family on the beach in Destin. We all went up and rented a huge house about a week before hand. The day before the wedding I went down to lay out on the beach. About three hours later my hubby wakes me up. I had fallen asleep!! I have never experienced such pain in my life. Just like you, my legs swelled up huge and I could hardly walk. When I did, it felt like someone was jabbing knives into my legs. Man, did I learn my lesson!

LOL Susan! I definitely learned my lesson. The weather can be deceiving though, my sisters' wedding was at the end of March and it wasn't very hot and it was cloudy. I usually always wear sunscreen.......just had a moment of stupidity, lol.

Ugh, burns like that are horrible. I once spent about a month in Belize, half the trip spent in the Cayes. One of our first days there we went snorkeling. I thought to wear a shirt for the arms, but didn't even think about my butt or legs. We snorkeled ALL day. That night, I seriously could not sit down. We went to a great dinner and I had to stand. Took 3 days until I could sit, and then it was gingerly lowering myself, waiting 10 mins for it to stop screaming pain, and then repeat the process when I had to stand, which seriously took me at least 5 minutes to get upright. If that wasn't my worst burn ever, then it was #2. Probably #1. When I blistered, they came in full of blood. I don't even know how that happens, but it did. For about 6 years after, no joke, I had "tan line" where my bathing suit stopped covering my butt.

Ahh, a few years ago, I think I was going into 5th grade.. Anyways, I went with some friends to the beach, which is like a town away. I said I didnt burn easily, because I didn't want to wait and have them cover my whole body with sun lotion, because I thought that they would use more then on the other kids, because of me being heavy... I came home, 5 hours later, with blisters on my back. My mom was so pist!! The next morning, my WHOLE back was a blister. I couldn't even wear a tee-shirt. I had a HUGE tall blister on each of my shoulders. My mom took me to the hospital, and I had 3rd degree burns. I regret it to this day. :rolleyes:

Now every year, I have to go and get my back checked for moles and stuffff.

I remember being so realeved when the blisters on my shoulders popped, I cried.

They were literally 4 inches high.

It was the worst 2 weeks of my life!!

Edited by nikkikki2292

Oh golly, I've had sunburn (who hasnt?) but never blistering burns like htat. I'm a bit weird, I'm pretty fair (and freckled) but I do tan dark.

I try to avoid it though, in Australia we're indoctrinated into the dangers of the sun becuase its SO strong here. We have the dubious honour of having the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world.

But its so easy to do isnt it? You just have to miss a bit. I burned one day wearing 30+ this past summer.

nikkki......imagine being on your senior high school trip in Florida for the first time in your life, and half of your ancestry is of the Irish decent and you have blisters all over your face! Not too attractive! brandyII

Ouch Brandy!!! That had to have hurt. =[

I am 50% Irish. My great grandparents on my dad's side came to the USA during that whole Elis Island thing. :biggrin:

&& My last name is O'Reilly. [:

Do they make "miracle suits" for guys? I'm thinking of a pouch in the crotch area that can be filled with a silicone-like implant...:biggrin:

Uh, I'm only asking for a "friend"....yeah, that's it....that's the ticket.

Edited by plain
I'm a grammatical moron

Nikkkkkkkkkkki,

I'm really a mix, Scottish, Irish, English, German, my mother was very dark, her father may have been Mexican but we don't know for sure, that's another story. I take after my dad.

Anywho I did not get any of her pigment and she did not know how to take care of a lily white child as I was growing up. There was another episode when she left me all day in a pool while my shoulders burned for hours and that was my first episode with rather large blisters. I remember my older brothers teasing me as I'd walk through a doorway with a needle in their hands. Every year at the beach I burned, so now I have to worry about the moles too unfortunately but so far so good! My husband is more Irish than I am but he also has much darker skin.

There are tons of interesting books to read on Irish history and by Irish writers. I know Frank McCourt is very popular as he wrote Angela's Ashes, the book is funny the movie was depressing.

LOL PLAIN!!!

Wow Brandy! That must have really sucked. =[

She just didn't want to put sun loation on you or what?

I wasnt with my mom when I got burnt at the beach, with some friends and one of the girls' mom.

I take after my dad. My mom's skin looks darker then a tan, but shes not mexican or anything. My grandma had tanned skin too.

But anyways,

I'm Irish and a little bit Indian.

Yep, we English/Irish/Scottish girls definitely burn easily. My dad's side is Scotch/Irish, and my mom's side is English. And yet I look like I'm part Italian/Greek (very dark brown eyes and LOTS of dark, curly hair - much of it in places that I don't want it in), and I have absolutely no idea where that comes from.