Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Not A Magic Band

Boy I wish it were. I think the realization (although I've always had the knowledge) that it's not a magic band finally hit me after my 2nd fill. I've got good restriction now. I can't overeat in a single meal, unless I *really* work at it. I joked around with someone at church yesterday that I could still binge, but it took a LOT of work. Well, it's not really a joke.

What I find is that I'm eating most of the day, and all night. And even if I can't eat a lot at once, if I eat all continuously, I'm going to gain weight. If I make the wrong food choices, I'm going to gain weight. If I don't make any attempt to excercise, I'm going to gain weight. If eat more than I want to, just because I can, I'm going to gain weight. If I drink 32+ ounces of Water with my meals, I'm going to gain weight.

Folks, if you're looking for a magical way to lose weight, keep looking, cause this isn't it.

But, now that I'm seeing the situation with "eyes wide open", I see how close I am to a sustained success. At this point, for me, It really is just a matter of not eating between meals unless it's something healthy like fruits or vegatables, not drinking with my meals or healthy Snacks, and getting some exercise. That's it. These things are within my control, even though I'm going to have to work at it a little.

Yes, the band requires work. This is not an ephiany for this board. Everyone here that's had the band for any time knows it. I knew it, but now I believe it. So I guess it is an ephinay for me.

I'm ready. I think that just really sums it up. I'm ready.

Johnathan: Everyone goes through this process. Others reach it the day after banding and some reach it after the first fill. And some might never come to realization.

And some are like me that realize that is how the band works and still chose every now and then to ignore that little tidbit of knowledge. IT is an ongoing process to work at losing weight. SIGH!!

I like the magic wand better. LOL!!!

Thank you Jonathon I needed to hear this today and I'm glad that you shared this with us. You are so right about everything you said and with an attitude as good as you have you will do nothing but succeed!!! You are doing great and I as a fellow bandster look up to you for that!!!

Jonathan

Very well said!

On this Monday morning after no weight loss last week, this is just what I needed to read

Thank You!