Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looks like I've slipped; a sucky first post

I hate that this is my first post in years but here it is... I had a catscan a few weeks ago to diagnose a kidney stone. Just for the heck of it I gave it to my band surgeon. Two days later he calls back to say I've slipped. I have NO symtoms. I had gone in for a slight unfill from 8.5ccs on a 9cc band to 6.5ccs. I did this because I am trying to get pregnant and I'm not ovulating. I have to admit I was V-E-R-Y tight and had problems getting any food down and sometimes Water was a problem.

My doc wants to go in and fix it but never mentioned that a total unfill and liquid diet could get the band to correct itself. I saw someone here say 80% fix themselves. Where does this fig come from? I'd like to present my doc with this info.

Why should I get it fixed if I have no symptoms? Why don't I have symptoms? Anyone else have slip with no symptoms?

I'm pretty scared as after only 8 days at 6.5ccs and I've gained 23 pounds (I know most of this is water but still...) I can't imagine a complete unfill or life without the band. If anyone has any information I'd really appreciate it. I feel pretty low right now...

P.S. If anyone had major water retention after first unfill I'd love to hear about it. No lie I've gained 23 pounds and my fingers, face, ankles and calves are totally swollen and tight from water retention...

I had my kidney function checked and all is well there. The doc gave me a diuretic and I lost 7-pounds yesterday but I'm still retaining major amounts of Water. Everything is super puffy and swollen. Very strange...

I don't think it is the band making me retain Water per se. I think it is that when I got the unfill last Friday I was fairly well dehydrated and now that I'm maxing on the water my body is kinda freaking out and holding on to it. Of course when I said this to my doc he looked at me like I was a major loon. He may not be wrong though I could be a complete loon but it sounded good to me...

Anyway the weight gain is very hard to take. I haven't gained weight since I got the band almost two-years ago. I expected to gain a bit (3-5 pounds) with an unfill but I did NOT expect to gain 23 pounds in 8 days. This diuretic had better keep working or I'm going to have a major breakdown...

That is why I'm so upset about the slip. If I gain 23 pounds with a 2cc unfill what the heck will I gain with a total unfill? I talked to the doc about whether or not an unfill would reverse the slippage and he said maybe but once you slip it is much easier to slip again. He is a bit dumbfounded that I have no symptoms. Because of that he isn't in a big hurry to go in and fix it either which is fine with me but he also said he won't give me a fill until it is fixed. I'm danged if I do and danged if I don't I guess...

Thanks for the reply BTW.