Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I get to start soft foods!

I never thought I would be so excited at the thought of applesauce and yogurt. I went for my first pre-op appointment this morning and the doctor said everything looks great. (I was banded on Apr. 11). I've lost 26 pounds since starting the pre-op diet, and I feel pretty good now. I am getting hungry though -- last night I had a dream about eating a big turkey sub from Subway. (I was very disappointed when I woke up.)

Normally, my doc wants patients to do liquids only for two whole weeks, but he said I could start slowly with soft foods now. I'm thinking refried Beans for dinner!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I never thought I would be so excited at the thought of applesauce and yogurt.

I'm thinking refried Beans for dinner!

Girl - isn't Mushy Land the Best! I hit mine this week too. You'd think I'd won the lottery. The refried Beans were great! Had them the other night for dinner. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

I never thought I'd love pudding - but I LOVE the dulce de leche by Jello. sugar free and 60 calories. It rocks and tastes so awesome.

I've had 2 weeks of pureed food, and tomorrow get to start 'soft foods'. I can't wait to eat some scrambled eggs! Soft cheese! Crackers and tuna salad! pureed chicken noodle Soup is getting old, but it tasted SO GOOD after clear liquids!

I too have had food dreams! I dreamt I loaded up a plate at some buffet with ham and turkey and all kinds of stuff...started stuffing my face...when I realized I can't even eat this stuff..what am I doing?! I woke up so thankful it was a dream!

However, the fact that I'm having food dreams is scary, because this is the first time I've had them since starting pre-op diet in November. I think they are my psyche adjusting to the fact that there ARE foods that I probably have given up for life...popcorn, corn on the cob (several of them!) And no more pigging out on General T'so's Chicken/ Chinese buffet. And I'm OK with that intellecutally ....BUT...in the past when I'd have these dreams, it was the start of my slipping into past bad habits. That HEAD HUNGER! I'm so happy I have my band to use to avoid giving up the control over my diet now. Normally, at this phase, I'd start loosing that determination, willpower...because this takes SO long...

I guess I should just enjoy food dreams...eat all I want in them! Then I won't have to actually do it!

Anybody else having this issue? How are you handling it?

Hi there, I am too haveing to eat soft foods this week. YES refired Beans taste SOOOOO good..I had mine with some shredded cheese melted in them..I use to not like cheese to much but man oh man does it taste good..LOL...I ate some chicken salad with a few crakers. I don't know if I can eat crakers so I tried it and they stayed down. IT was better then bread. I have to stay on this kind of food for 1 1/2 weeks until my appt. and then they will change my diet again. I am glad that everyone is doing good with there food...

I too have had food dreams! I dreamt I loaded up a plate at some buffet with ham and turkey and all kinds of stuff...started stuffing my face...when I realized I can't even eat this stuff..what am I doing?! I woke up so thankful it was a dream!

quote]

I wanted to let you that I can totally relate. (I'm being banded on the 28th) I quit smoking back in June. There has been more than a few times that I've dreamt I was smoking and in those dreams I can actually TASTE it. I've woken up wondering if I'd sleep walked to my car to get a cigarette from the glove box. (the 1/2 pack has been there for over 10 months). I fully expect to have eating dreams and I'm sure I'll wake up feeling guilty then too.