Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat people in movies

Ready/Glou

Okay I was watching half of BJ's Diary on Bravo Friday night, love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Own both movies. I love her friends and I love the end when she's out in her unders under the snow fall and he wrapped her in her coat, it's so romantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!brandy II

Oh and didn't they make her gain 25 or 40 pounds for each movie and she ended up losing it again and seems very thin to me but that's just me. I appreciate it when actresses aren't all bones in the movies they're more real.

Edited by brandyII

Glou, I'm a bit weird too, and don't like all the work bs that happens hence I prefer to work at home when I can but at the moment not working. I don't think I could deal with a guy who was that controlling either, too weird, belongs on Dr. Phil! I'd go for the better school district too! Nancy

Glou and Brandy

I could have gotten a promotion, but I turned it down because it would have mean being in one big room at a cubicle with 9 ladies. Right now I am downstairs in a big open area and I don't talk to anyone unless it is business related and I like it that way. I am a little strange, I have strong causes that not alot of people understand, and I can't talk about husbands or kids. I am not sociable at work. I just like to work thats all. I don't want to gossip or communicate or anything like that.

Unless you call being on LBT at work being sociable.

Ready/Glou

Okay I was watching half of BJ's Diary on Bravo Friday night, love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Own both movies. I love her friends and I love the end when she's out in her unders under the snow fall and he wrapped her in her coat, it's so romantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!brandy II

Oh and didn't they make her gain 25 or 40 pounds for each movie and she ended up losing it again and seems very thin to me but that's just me. I appreciate it when actresses aren't all bones in the movies they're more real.

I agree to me she is beautiful in the BJ movies. If she feels more comfortable afterwards then more power to her, but I think she is gorgeous at BJ.

Glou and Brandy

I could have gotten a promotion, but I turned it down because it would have mean being in one big room at a cubicle with 9 ladies. Right now I am downstairs in a big open area and I don't talk to anyone unless it is business related and I like it that way. I am a little strange, I have strong causes that not alot of people understand, and I can't talk about husbands or kids. I am not sociable at work. I just like to work thats all. I don't want to gossip or communicate or anything like that.

Unless you call being on LBT at work being sociable.

:coolgleamA: I do..this is my social life.

I share a cubby with another woman and the other admins will come over and talk to her and they start whispering real low and I just keep on truckin' at my job. I feel like saying, "Hey, dummies! I can hear you!!!!"

They talk about everyone here. No doubt they say things about me, too - so why would I become *friends* with these women? No way.

Give me a dude, or at least a woman who is more forthright and I'll be happy. I hate the smiles to the face and then the talking behind the back.

I agree with you. All the salesmen are down here and they don't bother me at all.

For the most part everyone gets along here, but they all seem to dislike this one woman. I speak to her, I don't know her that well but she has never done anything to me...but they are pretty horrible to her from what I can see.

Why do woman try to destroy each other, I have never understood it.

I've never understood that, either. My mother is pretty passive-agressive and I grew up to hate that. I think that's why I don't talk much to others. I think I'm scared I'll end up being that way, since telling someone to shut the F up doesn't get you anywhere in the workplace...Wonder why not? LOL

I grew up with three older brothers and a younger sister and we fought like cats and dogs, she was the evil one, natch.

Anywho, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it was always easier for me to be friends with gay males than girls. I don't know why and I see that in my own daughters too. What's with that? :confused:Nancy

Oh and I don't work anymore but always hated offices where people gossiped all the time, that's why I liked typing at home and being my own boss but that can get a bit boring after a few years!!!

I couldn't be my own boss, I would have to watch myslef to hard, because I would keep catching myself slacking off. I would hate to have to fire myself and ruin a 26 year relationship...with myself.

Seriously, I wouldn't be good working at home where I have tv, and internet, and pajamas, and a cell phone. I am too easily distracted.

I'm right there with you. I couldn't work at home. I'd end up doing something else, getting distracted by the TV, or by housework. Work just isn't fun enough to keep me going. Unless I'm the boss..then I could be as weird as I liked, and everyone would have to just SMILE. :thumbup:

Oh yeah. In fact maybe people would try to be weird too to see if you would like them more.

At the dealership, they all play golf to kiss the bosses ass, at the hospital they gossiped with the boss to make nice. When I worked at this import store they would bring the bosses Cookies. I am afraid I am not efficient at kiss ass, I wish I was. I just can't do it.

What I hate more than fat chicks being made fun of in movies is skinny chicks being told they are fat in movies. For instance, the girl in Devil Wears Prada. She was a size 8 but everybody kept telling her she was fat and needed to lose weight. By the end of the movie she could fit into a 4 or a 6 or whatever and suddenly she was accepted. Give me a fricking break! yeah, love the message that was sent to all the little girls out there.

I loved Bridget Jones Diary, but if you read the book she was considered "plump"... sorry, she wasn't fat in that movie. She was just a normal sized person.. maybe what 145? if that! Or that one lotion commercial to "get rid of fat dimples". At the end a girl who is roughly 115 pounds jumps in the air with this little patch on her leg that elliminates cellulite.. WTF??! she had no cellulite. Why not get a chubby girl who has a little. To me, these things tell young girls that if you are a size 8 then you are too fat or a size 10. Hell, a plus sized model is usually a 10 or 12.. WHAT?! Again, this gets the wrong point across.

When I was between the weight of 200-250 I was my most comfortable. Guys hit on me all the time.. I was super confident... I got my husband.... I flirted all the time... I had MUChO confidence. I got more picked on when I was 125 than I ever did at being plus sized. It wasn't until I started having major pain that I hated being fat. The back pain. Arthritis, etc. But, I could get to 200 right now and be very happy with that.

What I hate more than fat chicks being made fun of in movies is skinny chicks being told they are fat in movies. For instance, the girl in Devil Wears Prada. She was a size 8 but everybody kept telling her she was fat and needed to lose weight. By the end of the movie she could fit into a 4 or a 6 or whatever and suddenly she was accepted. Give me a fricking break! yeah, love the message that was sent to all the little girls out there.

"i'm a stomach flu away from my goal weight"...

Good point! In the Devil Wears Prada he looks at her, like wow! And then she beams and says, "Size 6!" And, when they're picking out clothes he pulls out a poncho because in an 8 she's sooo fat...

Steams me all the friggin time.