Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week Up Date Post op....

Jamie -

You already say in your first post that you're only getting in 700-800 calories... Surely you do not expect your fill to drop that number of calories even lower???

A fill is only to help restrict the amount of food you eat and help you stay satisfied on a smaller amount of food longer. You are already concerned that you are not eating enough - you DON'T need a fill in this case! Do you see what I'm saying here? If you are already eating too little, a fill is not going to help you lose weight...

Fills are for when you are eating too much solid foods and are still hungry between reasonable-sized meals of dense Proteins and vegetables.

Donali I see what your saying it did kinda sound like I was saying a fill would help me eat less and I wasn't eating much already but I was still feeling hungry between meals and was keeping my self from eating for fear I was going to eat more than 4 oz at a time and it would come back up. So I would eat alittle bit but would be hungry for a while in between a meal. I wasn't able to eat alot at one time but I wasn't staying full very long there for I was hungry between meals and was paying so much attention to less calories that I think my body was in starvation mode. now that my stomach isn't swollen anymore I'm eating way more than I need to be eating and I'm just mantaining my lost weight right now. Does this make more since?? I think it was a matter I was scared to eat to much at one time. But I wasn't satisfied for very long and was entirely to hungry between meals. So now I'm up to more like 1200 calories which I hope is a better amount untill I get a fill.I feel more satisfied with this but I'm not losing weight I'm just stuck right now. I lost 10 pounds the first week and I've only lost 1 pound in the last 2 weeks. Thanks for being concerned !What should my calorie intact be at this time and also what will jump start weight lose if I'm aready eating less calories? i'm excsing about 3 days a week and I am going to start doing that everyday. I'm getting in my Protein and About 50 to 60 oz of water! Thanks for the help !Jamie

I'm sure you've heard it before - the first six weeks are for HEALING, not weight loss! :)

If you're in mushies make the best choices you can and eat as much and as often as you need to feel satisfied. Many people regain a little weight in this stage, many don't. In the end, IT DOESN'T matter. What happens weight-wise in the next six weeks is not going to impact your end result.

Go to www.fitday.com and enter your personal info. Then if you look on the activity level (I believe it is) it will tell you what your basal metabolism burns. Per Alexandra (and I believe this to be true), the basal calories listed are a little high, because our body fat percentage is higher than the charts figure, and they don't compensate for the fact that fat is not metabolically active like muscle. Regardless, if you take in the number of calories the chart says your basal metabolism requires you should loose weight just fine, particularly with exercise 3x a week.

There is no reason to drop your calories to 1200 if you can lose weight at 1800 - as you get closer to goal you will have to start lowering your caloric intake to continue to lose, or increase your exercise.

And don't forget - the true benefit of exercise does NOT occur while you're doing it - it occurs after you do it, by having an increased metabolic rate for an hour or two after cardio activity, and a faster metabolsim due to increased muscle mass.

Also, may I point out that you have lost 11 pounds in a little over two weeks, which is way ahead of the curve. Our bodies are not little mathematic machines - sometimes they rest a little bit before dropping more weight scale-wise. However, rest assured that your body is doing all the things it needs to do to become smaller and healthier, even if the scale is not showing it.

Relax, and learn to get in touch with your physical hunger so you can eat in response to that, and do other things in response to non-physical hunger.

Donali~ Thanks for the advice and I will try to not get impatient. I just want to make sure I'm doing all I can to lose weight and I guess you can get really stuck on counting calories instead of paying more attention to eating the right things.

This is the begining of my 4th week and so I should be proud that I've lost 11 pounds and I know it will keep coming off and at what pace doesn't really matter as long as it is still dropping!!!! Thanks Donali!!!