Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week Up Date Post op....

Well it has been 2 weeks since I got banded and am feeling good! I'm down 10 pounds since surgery and I had lost 13 before surgery so I'm down 23 pounds in all!!! But have not lost any more in the last few days. I am starting to wonder if I'm eating enough I am trying to count my calories and I 'm only getting around 700 -800 a day! At this point how many calories should I be getting??I think I am not getting enough and my body is hanging on to every bite! Also I eat and get full pretty quick but I feel like I can eat a little more than 4 oz and then only a couple hours later I'm hungry again. I 'm sure that once I get a fill I will stay full longer. I go to Dr. on April 25th for check up and possible fill.So far I've had no problems with any food I've tried but I did get that stuck feeling on a piece of shaved turkey yesterday and it really hurt for a few minutes. It just didn't go down all the way. I took a deep breath and it felt like it went down after that,but I stoped eating and waited a while to be sure that stuck feeling was gone.I am being more careful and making sure that everything is mushy and not taking any more chances on getting that awful feeling again!! Also I'm getting in alot of Water and eating at least 40-50 grams of Protein each day! I feel like I'm on the right track but was wanting some suggestions on how much intake of calories is idea for me in the mushy stage? ??

Hey Jamie! I asked my nutrishonist the same question. She said not to worry while you are on liquids, and your calories should increase on their own once you go to mushies and solids full time. Remember, this is all just bonus weight loss time.

Cap't Jack said that once you move to solids and mush you temporarily stop losing weight while your colon fills up with stuff again.. I believe he said that your colon can hold between 5-10 pounds.

How is your activity level, and have you taken your measurements?

Vinesqueen~I started using my tread mill this week and have been on it 3 days for 20 minutes. I'm trying to work my self up to more. I haven't measured inches but everyone says I look like I've lost more than 10 pounds and my clothes are looser so I'm sure I've lost some inches too! I guess I'm just in a hurry to lose more weight and I know it didn't get here over night so it will take a while to come off. I keep telling my self 3 weeks and I get a fill and weight lose should start again!!!

Yeaahh Jamie!!! 10 pounds in 2 weeks IS great!

At this point, just try maintaining your current weightloss - the weight will come off after that fill (you know this :) )

Are you drinking plenty of Water?

Take it easy Jamie...you are doing awesome! Don't know about calories but I was planning on shooting for 1000/day on mushies if possible. But youknow better than me how to do that, all my best laid plans will fly out the window I'm sure, so I just have to rememeber to let them go...kind of like my wedding, plan as best you can then just let it happen. In the end, you still got married. You are Banded, you did it! Yayyyy!!! You are doing a great job!

I don't think that analogy made sense...but I'm still proud of you!

Yeaahh Jamie!!! 10 pounds in 2 weeks IS great!

At this point, just try maintaining your current weightloss - the weight will come off after that fill (you know this :) )

Are you drinking plenty of Water?

Hey Paula Make that 11 pounds I weighed this morning and I'm down another pound WOOOHOOOO!

I'm getting in 1500ml of Water a day right now. That is equivalent to 3 16.9 oz bottles or 50.7 oz. This is what Dr. said was a good water requirment during the mushy stage. This does not include if I drink milk, coffee ,tea ext... This just what water intake he said I should have. I'm also getting at least 40-50 grams of Protein a day which is good acording to my instructions!!

Take it easy Jamie...you are doing awesome! Don't know about calories but I was planning on shooting for 1000/day on mushies if possible. But youknow better than me how to do that, all my best laid plans will fly out the window I'm sure, so I just have to rememeber to let them go...kind of like my wedding, plan as best you can then just let it happen. In the end, you still got married. You are Banded, you did it! Yayyyy!!! You are doing a great job!

I don't think that analogy made sense...but I'm still proud of you!

Kathy Thanks for the encouragment. I guess my biggest thing is that you lose real quick and then when you get on mushy's it comes to a screeching halt and it makes you woder if you are doing every thing right or not!! So it is hard to know if you are eating too much or not enough??? I was like you.... I had it all planned out and that is good to be prepared but then it goes more like trial and error.... just like that dog on turkey I thought I could make mushy enough just by chewing it up.... aaaant!!! ..... wrong answer it got stuck.... sure did't think that would happen so soon but it did. Learned my lesson. Definatly my first error. I guess it takes practice to be a good bandster and you definatly have to fall off the band wagon every once in a while but its so nice to get back up and try again!!

Well I'm on to my 3rd week being a bandster and I'm doing great!!! I'm down 11 pounds and I'm able to eat lots of different things right now which is great that nothing I've tried has bothered me yet.

Also I was very excited that Tuesday I got back results from my cholesterol screening and in November it was 257 and it is now down to 177 Whoohoo I would consider this a definate NSV and I'm so glad that it is down in a normal range and my Dr. said I should be able to completly get off of the cholesterol meds soon. now if I can get that blood presure down so I can quit the blood presure meds I will be in really good shape and on my way to a smaller and healthier me.

2 and 1/2 weeks left till I get my 1st fill!!!

Well that cholesterol level has really taken a nose dive! That is really great in such a short period of time. I need to have my Triglyceriedes checked because mine were elevated prior to surgery!. I have been stuck at 205 for the last week. I think our bodies allow us to loose about 20 pounds pretty easily and then it goes" hold on wait a minute I am not going to let go of these pounds that easily!" But if we keep on going it does drop again! Keeping your calories that low and drinking all that Water you are bound to loose more weight soon!

Well that cholesterol level has really taken a nose dive! That is really great in such a short period of time. I need to have my Triglyceriedes checked because mine were elevated prior to surgery!. I have been stuck at 205 for the last week. I think our bodies allow us to loose about 20 pounds pretty easily and then it goes" hold on wait a minute I am not going to let go of these pounds that easily!" But if we keep on going it does drop again! Keeping your calories that low and drinking all that Water you are bound to loose more weight soon!

Hey Mary~ We will just hang in here together and we will both start losing again!!! Yes I'm very glad to know that my losing weight is helping other health problems already!!!

Hope you are doing good with your fill!!! Take care! Jamie

...you definatly have to fall off the band wagon every once in a while but its so nice to get back up and try again!!

Amen, Jamie! And this is why i love my band so much. :)

Jamie -

I keep telling my self 3 weeks and I get a fill and weight lose should start again!!!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

You already say in your first post that you're only getting in 700-800 calories... Surely you do not expect your fill to drop that number of calories even lower???

A fill is only to help restrict the amount of food you eat and help you stay satisfied on a smaller amount of food longer. You are already concerned that you are not eating enough - you DON'T need a fill in this case! Do you see what I'm saying here? If you are already eating too little, a fill is not going to help you lose weight...

Fills are for when you are eating too much solid foods and are still hungry between reasonable-sized meals of dense Proteins and vegetables.