Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not sure about this lap-band thing

Hey everyone, I am new to this site and I have been thinking about having the lap-band procedure...I am schedule to see my doctor 5-20-08 and I am looking into my insurance for approval...I have tried everything, I even had a Tummy Tuck 12-2006 and was fine for a about 6 months and the weight came back everywhere else double except my stomach...I am every upset about this...I have an appointment with the Hurley Center in Flint Michigan....I have heard good and bad things on this site about the procedure and I am frighten about the whole thing....Help Gigi:crying:

You're still early in the process, Gigim, and it's totally normal to be concerned. In fact, it would worry me more if you were leaping blindly.

You're doing the right thing by coming here. Read lots, ask questions, become an informed patient. When you meet with your doc, you'll have all of your questions ready.

Also, lots of people here suggest that you look into your coverage before you have your first appointment. Make sure the procedure is covered -- and that your doctor accepts your insurance.

Best of luck to you!

Hey everyone, I am new to this site and I have been thinking about having the Lap Band procedure...I am schedule to see my doctor 5-20-08 and I am looking into my insurance for approval...I have tried everything, I even had a Tummy Tuck 12-2006 and was fine for a about 6 months and the weight came back everywhere else double except my stomach...I am every upset about this...I have an appointment with the Hurley Center in Flint Michigan....I have heard good and bad things on this site about the procedure and I am frighten about the whole thing....Help Gigi:crying:

Hi Gigi!

Welcome to LBT! I was banded at Hurlet by Dr. Farhan in August of 2006! I can tell you that the band changed my life. I love everyone at Hurley. Make friends especially with Carolyn at the front desk, she can help you LOTS! Who will be your surgeon? The PA, Christie there is awsome, love her.

PM me, I will be happy to talk. By the way, I am the lady at the top, so I can telll Hurley does great work, look at me! :thumbup:

Hello, I see dr kraovich on 5-20-08, I will also look up the ladies that you spoke about on my visit...Did you have any problems with getting banded????? I have heard good and bad...Thanks Gigi...Are you in Michigan????? And if so, are there any support groups available in the area????

Hello, I see dr kraovich on 5-20-08, I will also look up the ladies that you spoke about on my visit...Did you have any problems with getting banded????? I have heard good and bad...Thanks Gigi...Are you in Michigan????? And if so, are there any support groups available in the area????

Hi gigi

I am in Jackson, about a 1.5 hour drive from Flint. I didn't have any problems really, I had to work out how sensitive my body was to fills, but nothing major. Hurley has a new support group there on Mondays I believe.

That Dr is new there, I don't know him. Tell Carolyn and Christie I told them to treat you like a star, that you are my LBT friend.

Where are you at?

I am in West Bloomfield Michigan...I am not sure about Dr Kraovich, I was wondering if I could request your Dr???? I will see if I can see him..I will keep you posted on my visits...Maybe we can get together soon..I will need some help with this...Thanks Gigi

I am in West Bloomfield Michigan...I am not sure about Dr Kraovich, I was wondering if I could request your Dr???? I will see if I can see him..I will keep you posted on my visits...Maybe we can get together soon..I will need some help with this...Thanks Gigi

I can tell you that if he is with Hurley, he must be good. Hurley has VERY high standards for surgeons. You can ask though, I am sure. Call and talkt to Carolyn and see. But I can tell you that Hurley as I said doesn't have any surgeon that isn't great!

I am having a Tummy Tuck and breast reduction in a few weeks, so we would have to talk before then. WHile on pain meds I will make no sense I am sure!