Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not feel restriction yet?

It happened it happened it happened!! There is definitely some restriction going on!! Yesterday at lunch I just felt full way early and then it happened at supper yesterday too. I was so excited. :smile: I think I ate 2-3 bites of chicken, 1-2 of potatoes, and 1-2 of Beans. I was looking at my plate thinking, hm, I'm full and really don't want this. This is the FIRST time that has happened!! WOOHOO!

Hot damn! that is awsome!

I just got back from my 4th fill. and the Dr said that I am definitly getting skinnier. ack! he said Skinnier! And he also said he could tell I have been working out becuse when I did the crunch my port just popped up. lol Isnt that awsome!

Jewelee-That is awesome! I am hoping my next fill will do that. Right now I'm not full for at least 10-14 oz. My Dr. said I am only supposed to eat 5oz. I asked him at the last visit it it would hurt my band if I ate more because I was still hungry and everything feels like it goes through. He said not really. I am still losing weight. Just hit the 250's today!!! 259! I can't believe it! It is so weird to see the scaled moving DOWN! Jewelee, let us know how long that fill lasts. I'm curious if it will hold for a long time...Congrats!

I'm doing great .. . stopping eating that damn yogurt made ALL the difference in the world . . .and the scale is moving again! THEN . . . I got spider bites on my ankle . . . and I'm on antibiotics and benedryl . . . and can't go in the Water to do aerobics until they are better . . . BUMMER . . . so I have to walk! I leave for Alaska in 9 days :party::D:D:D

Everyone is doing GREAT! - and tomorrow is 5 month day! Wahoo!

hi, I don't have a fill yet, so I have not felt any restriction. but, a thought came to me...do you think you could be eating too slow?

I have a question, but I can't see how to post. Can you help me?

Thank you!

ladies, I don't know if I have what you consider restriction, I can and do eat 10 0z of food. (tv dinner) I also asked my Doc if this can harm the band or my pouch and he said that as long as I chewed my food to nothing it will be ok.

compared to what a typical day of eating was in the past ( fast food, super size, 2 or 3 sandwiches, 2nd or 3rds for dinner, milk and Cereal as a midnight snake, candy, cupcakes, soda, you get the picture) I eat like a bird.

after this third fill, I tried a few french fries and couldn't eat them, they felt heavy, yet I ate the hamburger (no bun) with no problem

today, I had dinner with my sister at a mexican rest. and ate a dozen small shrimps, yup! 12 pieces of shrimp. no tortillas, about a tbs. of rice and Beans. it took me about 45 minutes, but I ate them all.

am I in denial?

Hello,

I am just past 4 weeks with the band. As soon as I eat anything, I feel nauseous, and it continues all day. I seem to be able to drink my meal shake OK, (thank God for Isagenix) but other than that, I feel sick. Has anyone else experieinced that? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

joycreated,

i have experienced that, try eating smaller bites and slower. i get so sick of people telling me that. Are you drinking anything with your meals? i can not drink a drop ... otherwise i vomit.

as soon as i feel the slightest niggle of pain or discomfort when eating, i have to stop straight way.

i find liquid meals so much more desirable than solid food as i don't have to worry about accidently over eating.

i have had 2 fills, the first was 6 weeks after surgery and the next was 10 weeks after surgery. i felt no restriction after the first then i have had good restriction from the second. i think i have about 4.5 or 5 in a 10cc band. The surgeon thought that restriction would probably last until Jun (that's based on estimated weight loss between now and then). I go back and see him then.

Edited by ::tracy::
typo

Thanks Tracy,

I still have never had any discomfort from eating, I do notice that I am not inclined to eat a lot. I am eating much more slowly than before and chewing well. I just ate lunch, and made a big effort to eat even slower and chew even more. I feel pretty good right now! I hope that will do the trick. Thanks for your reply. I have a friend that has been banded for about 16 months. She eats a lot of soup! I do too. My husband loves Soup, so I am grateful for that. The other day I made 5 gallons of Split Pea, and 5 gallons of Vegitarian French Onion, (with about 95% organic ingredients) which I put in the freezer of course!

Blessings

joycreated,

i am pleased you have had a little more success with lunch today. It is such a slow process learning how your own band works for you. We are all different and what is normal and tolerated for one person is not ok for the next.

i think as long as you are losing within that healthy range, you are not deficient in nutrients and you feel well, i think you are doing ok. Or at least that is my opinion.

my surgeon is not overly concerned about the difficulties i am having, i have talked to him about it ... last time i actually took hubby with me so the surgeon could talk to him too. It was a beneficial visit, i don't feel so stressed about the not so good days, i have stopped worrying about whether i have slipped or whatever.

While forums like this a great and it is awesome to share experiences i think you can get caught up in what other people can eat or not eat and i found myself thinking i was abnormal. i take what i read with a grain of salt because we are all so different. Healthy weight loss and nutrition are my guidelines!

It is such a big lifestyle change and some days it is really tough and frustrating when i just can not get what i want to eat down. If i have had one stuck/vomit ... whatever ... i find the next time will usually be not to long afterwards ... so i know that i need to have a light meal ... Soup or whatever.

For me it is just about being patient ... and not over doing it ... not getting stressed about it ... and not worrying continually about things going wrong. Just before my last visit to the surgeon i worked myself into such a state that i couldn't even drink Water without vomiting. As soon as i went back to the surgeon and he reassured me that i was ok, i went back to liquids for a few days, then since then i have been working back up to meals.

As i said earlier, i now know that morning food is not good for me so i reserve that meal as being a Protein shake ... i avoid the foods that make me sick .. breads, red meat, rice and such foods .. and if i do have them, i just take it super slow, teeny bites and i listen to the niggles and pains i feel.

i am very lucky in that from the day i was banded i have not felt hungry as such, sometimes i get a grumbly tummy, telling me to eat ... and of course there is the psychological hunger ... where i think i need to eat.

i am no lapband expert ... but i know what works for me ... and accept i am going to have less than pleasant days with food. It is only food though ... Food is Fuel ... that is what i keep telling myself.

I finally have restriction.

Fill number 4 got me good restriction. Hopefully it will last.

I am tight in the morning. But I eat a boiled egg anyway. I stay away from liquid meals because my dr is very against them.

So I am super happy about the restriction. Finally!

I have to say I was very worried that this was not going to work for me. But I guess I just needed to be patient.

Chris, I hope you have a blast in Alaska. My parents were there last year and loved it. Be aware that everything is SUPER expensive there. But Have fun. and Be careful of those nasty spiders.

Yea for you Cerrin! I'm really happy for you - keep up the GREAT work! I can't wait for Sunday (5-11) . . . I THINK this entire trip is a fairytale . . . I will have a link to pics when I return for sure!