Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How restricted is too restricted to YOU?

Well, i'm a week into this latest fill and I'm starting to wonder if I'm too restricted right now. I'm not PB'ing, but I'm getting at least a little stuck from just about everything right now (even yogurt or scrambled eggs). I'm wondering if this is the first time I've ever really been restricted, or if it's too much.

No PB's or thowing up, thank goodness, but I definitely feel everything that goes down!

I'm going to give it the weekend to see how I feel and then go in for an unfill if I need it. I don't want to take any chances with needing to go in once I get out to CA, since I haven't worked out the insurance or doc stuff yet! Hopefully I'll be able to get in at UCSD, since they're a center of excellence, and hopefully the new insurance will cover fills. Good thing I'm past the 6 month mark so I won't need to go in as often!

When I can't get down the stuff that I was able to get down in the mushy stage, I'm too tight. Sometimes adding even 0.2ml can put me over the top .. its bizarre.

That said, sometimes a fill take a bit to "settle in" and for me, I really have to pay attention to how close I am to that time of the month, as the closer I am, the tighter it will get.

Try to stick to liquids over the weekend to see if it settles down.

Well if I can't get down solid food I feel too restricted. As I sit here typing to you tonight I am completly unfilled. I had the entire thing removed today as I was sick of my food getting stuck everytime I tried to eat. I am very sensitive to fills though. I have spent most of my weightloss MUCH looser than most people would like because I can't handle the feeling that I can't eat real food. I tend to lose more weight when I can eat solid foods because I don't have cravings and I stay fuller longer. I wouldn't take any chances and if you are still too tight I would get some taken out. It is not worth risking your band over.

If I really couldnt eat solid food, and had to stay with mushies, if I couldnt eat anything in the morning, I would say I was too tight. I feel I need to be able to eat a wide range of fruit, vegetables and grain foods, as well as Proteins.

I'm not worried by odd things like the bad effect that pureed fruit has on me, or the fact that I cant eat ice cream (weird, it makes my band SO tight). I could maybe tolerate not being able to eat bread, but I like to be able to.

It means I have too much leeway at times and have to fight appetite. But this is for my long term health and I dont think not being able to eat too many things is good for long term health.

Hey all - sorry it took me so long to respond again, but I've been pretty busy getting ready to move. I leave Sunday - wow!!

I had the worst round of PB's ever on Sunday, while driving on a strange freeway, no less. Thankfully I was able to find an offramp and pull over till things calmed down, but I was sore the rest of the weekend.

I don't want to take any chances (especially since I'll have 2 months with no insurance coverage on the new job), so I got a slight unfill (from 7.2 to 6.4). I feel MUCH better and can eat normal food already without discomfort, and still have restriction, so I think we may have found the sweet spot. I was going through a nasty bout of nerves over the move too, and I'm feeling a lot better now that my job offer is FINALLY official, I found my new place to live, and I figured out how to manage the finances for the next month. Everything is finally falling into place, and I'm excited! We're having some family time this weekend, and then my aunt, Poochie dearest and I are taking off early Sunday morning for the big drive out. My aunt is staying with me till the 6th, so we will have a good week to drive out, settle into the new apartment and have some fun exploring. I can't wait now!!

Pizzi, You sound so excited and happy. What a wonderful new adventure! I'm glad you got the unfill. I think it was the sensible thing with the move & new city issues, etc. It sounds like you may have stumbled onto your sweet spot my accident. Things are all just coming together perfectly for you right now. Keep the good Karma flowing!!

I know you're going to be really busy for a while, but check in when you can and keep us posted. We're all thrilled for your successes on all fronts. You make your fellow Crazy Ates so proud.

TexasBecky,

I was banded on 8/22/07 and am just starting over because from what I gather I was always over-filled and couldn't eat foods correctly and depended on the easy foods and gained it all back. It's kind of exciting and depressing to see that we both had surgery at the same time and how well you have done for yourself. You should be very proud! brandyII, wish me luck too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you aren't throwing up, you might be okay. Just chew your food very well and take eraser sized bites. If you are still getting stuck when you chew until it's liquid, and you know they are tiny bites, you need a little bit taken out.