Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, fellow thirty-somethings =)

I am a 30 something mom of one from Denver Colorado. I just got my insurance approval yesterday, so we will be scheduling my surgery soon. Im so excited, but also really nervous. I have never had surgery before, and this is a life changing decision. Just wanted to stop by and say HI, so HI!!:tt2:

Hey Luluc! Your husband doesn't have any probs getting the bread part down? That's encouraging. Thanks for the recommendation.

bea - we both are restricted enough to allow for thin bread/crust. i limit myself to one per day but i really like Earth Grains thin sliced wheat bread & wasa bread crackers. have to be slow & chew well but they go down OK...

welcome jadens mom!!

Of course that counts!! Once you've lived in Texas you are always considered a Texan! It's the rule!

Well, thank you very much, much obliged!:thumbs_down::cursing:

All kidding aside. You were an inspiration to me far before you were "The Lady at The Top", but how cool was it to log on and see you there. I even think I want to be a pin up girl once I reach goal!!! I love the support here. I can often use a good kick in the butt to keep me going. Feel free to be brutally honest with me, and PLEASE, PLEASE, never let me be a whiny butt! Those are the only requests I have for my lady at the top keeping watch over me. LOL

Renedhope

Thank you! I am trying to get over the complete and utter weirdness of seeing myself up there. It really is weird...lol..

NO problem on support! I am happy to help out any way I can. I have been supported by Ravenna Black, who is a pin up model and a bandster as well!

I am a pretty up front person (As you may have seen, tee hee) I will always tell everyone how it is, whether they want to hear it or not. Sometimes that is what we need, and I appreciate everyone that has done it for me!

Thanks BBK!! I do love brutal honesty. I tend to dish it out as well. I looked on Ravenna Black's website. She is beautiful as well. How long ago was she banded. I wish I could see a before picture. I am planning to do some pin up picks for myself and dh when I am at goal. I can't wait!!

Thanks BBK!! I do love brutal honesty. I tend to dish it out as well. I looked on Ravenna Black's website. She is beautiful as well. How long ago was she banded. I wish I could see a before picture. I am planning to do some pin up picks for myself and dh when I am at goal. I can't wait!!

Ya, unless you KNOW her, you don't know she's had surgery. I think she is about 7+ or so out. She had it done in France before it was really available here!

Pin ups rock. I am working on a website with a designer now. I have a few photographers who want to book me. It is fun! I get paid to be cute, love it! :thumbs_down:

Nice to see activity in the 30's area. I am just 5 weeks out from surgery. Lost 20lbs so far. Loss has slowed down but I am working at it. Good luck to everyone!

Let me know when you get your website up. I don't know about actually doing shows and such, but I definately want to have some pics done!!

Boo Boo Kitty, congrats on your weight loss. I didn't you realize you are the lady on top... My goal for my weight loss is the amount you have lost. How long did it take you? When did it become difficult for you, or did it ever become difficult?

I feel a bit annoyed with my LB. mornings are really restricted for me, lunch I can eat more and dinner I can barely get about three bites of anything down.... is that normal?

My doctor allowed me to have Tomato Soup, and it has helped me soooo much! I was so hungry. It only takes about half a cup to fill me up. =) I can start eating soft foods after my post-op appointment on Wednesday. =D

Glad to see I'm not the only one crazy about the scales...I just can't help it, I have been weighing every day then get frustrated when it doesn't move....I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and have lost 18 lbs total and the scales haven't moved in a few days, so I will take the advise and NOT weigh everyday.......cause its driving me CRAZY....Cindy

Boo Boo Kitty, congrats on your weight loss. I didn't you realize you are the lady on top... My goal for my weight loss is the amount you have lost. How long did it take you? When did it become difficult for you, or did it ever become difficult?

I feel a bit annoyed with my LB. mornings are really restricted for me, lunch I can eat more and dinner I can barely get about three bites of anything down.... is that normal?

Thanks Bratz. It took me about 15 months. I hit goal before xmas but didn't tell anyone until after January, I didn't believe it...lol...

It got hard the last 30 pounds, they sucked big time. I am still very tight in the morning. I don't eat anything until usually after 10 am, and by then I am starving because I get up at 4 am. I work out in the am at that time.

I think we all have our own times when we are tight, I think you have to learn to live with your band and get along sometimes. lol...

Glad to see I'm not the only one crazy about the scales...I just can't help it, I have been weighing every day then get frustrated when it doesn't move....I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and have lost 18 lbs total and the scales haven't moved in a few days, so I will take the advise and NOT weigh everyday.......cause its driving me CRAZY....Cindy

cindy - i've put my scale out in my barn many times...cause it was just plain evil!!! i do rely a bunch on my tape measure & how my clothes fit. with exercise & working out hard - i notice the clothing sizes dropping even when the scale won't budge. muscle will do that & plateaus do and WILL occur - it's good not to get fixated on the number everyday....& will help curb your "crazy modes"...LOL

bbk - i feel like i'm writing to you on every post w/you looking down...:smile2:

good luck on the PS!!!

Can I join too?

I'm a few weeks out from banding. I'm doing pretty good, but am starting to get bored with my diet. I don't mind the soft stuff, just the lack of anything really flavorful. I am still so excited though! YAY!

BBK: That is awesome that you'll be paid for taking pictures! How cool is that?! How did you get hooked up like that?

~C