Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am Offically Approved !!!!!

I have Aetna PPO and have jumped through all the hoops. My surgeon's office submitted paperwork on 4/15 and I called today to Aetna and I'm approved! Whew! Surgeon had already scheduled me for May 5th with pre-op on May 1st. I have to say this forum has been the best thing for me. I am on several times every day reading the questions, successes, failures, etc. of so many people. It has given me more information than I could have wished for. Thanks and good luck to everyone on this journey!!!:)

I am so happy for you ... It is a long process but you have gotten there now.. Take it one day at a time .I have finished all my pre testing and waiting now for approval ..So you made me feel hopeful today ..

AZChick

Waiting for word to rumble!!!

Hi Liz!!

I have Aetna also and am waiting for stuff to be sent to Aetna for approval. Can I ask when you started your process? What did Aetna require? I did a "fast track" for 3 months. I'm hopeful that will be all I need to do.

I actually started the beginning of Feb doing the 3 month thing with my PC and the nutritionist. I had to meet with each one once a month for 3 months. The nutritionist had me track food and begin the eating Protein first, then veggies thing. Also get off caffiene, no diet sodas, no drinking with meals. No drinking with meals has been the hardest because I'm eating normal amounts of food now. Should be easier when I'm doing 2 - 4 oz. at a time. Also got me taking all my Vitamins, etc.

Good luck. In case you don't have it, the line for pre-cert checking is 800-245-1206.

Well I started first of January with the 3 month thing too. My doctor required one last visit to PCP for a full 3 months with him. I lost and gained several pounds and hope that doesn't hurt my approval process. Thanks for the phone number for Aetna approval. I'm waiting to hear from surgeon as to when they submitted everything. I'm really excited for you with a surgery date. I am in North Dallas, Texas. Where are you?

:)

Congratulations on your approval. I have aetna also and have not had the same luck u have had. I have been fighting them since November last year. That is when they first denied me. Hopefully I will be approved soon. And again Congratulations!!!!!!:)

Wow all your information have been so helpful. I have done the three month diet as well but I am on my fourth month now! I have been seeing two PCP along with the ditecian weekly, exercise psyh, and behaivor modification specalist. I finally got my psych eval on Monday the 14th. Now I see the suregon on the 21st but still need a letter from another ditecian and the exercise pysch. I am hoping Aetna approves me on the three month diet. I have lost 33lbs but my BMI is still 43 but I have no co-morbities. Good luck to everyone!

I was just approved today also and just went in on the 15th, surgery date is pending because I have to do preop things like get a cardiac, respiratory clearances, but will have them next week and the surgery will be the following week, if all goes well.:)

Edited by toinette1953
Tricare Prime approval

Did not do any diet. I am over 350lbs, have Hypertension which is controlled with medication. Also have had both kneew replaced, so Tricare did not look twice, just approved it quickly!

Flowerpurr. Good grief, I didn't have to do all that. Had Group class with nutritionist and individual consult. Then psych evaluation, 1 x a month with each nutritionist and my PCP. My PCP did do an EKG early on, but that's all for the testing. I don't have any co-morbities yet at 270 and 5'6" (thankfully).

Wow Lizbuff I started out at 290 but I am not down to 257. So I am also happy to have no-comorbities but my Dr. said that can work against me. I know I am sick of going to class every week and seeing three Dr.'s a week plus my PCP monthly just in case. Well good luck with your surgery. I hope to be the next one on the table.