Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lump in throat

Since the lap band, not sure exact start date, I've had this feeling of a lump in my throat. It is hard to swallow and rather annoying. Has anyone had this with the lapband? I had an overfill several weeks ago and it seemed to have gotten worse after that.

I had a lump in my throat everytime I drank or ate and was experiencing regurgitation, reflux and had to sleep on several pillows to avoid a problem. Waited too long to see my doctor who immediately took some of the fill out of the band. I am 100% better and back to normal. You may need to see your doctor again. Good luck! Bette

Right after surgery I noticed the lump in the throat thing. Someone suggested I watch when drinking to be sure I wasn't taking in extra air and to chew more/eat slower. I tried to tune into these (didn't think I was doing it wrong) and I noticed it got better. HTH!

I also had a lump in my throat. I thought I had a growth on the back of my tongue. It did go away in about a month.

Since the lap band, not sure exact start date, I've had this feeling of a lump in my throat. It is hard to swallow and rather annoying. Has anyone had this with the Lap Band? I had an overfill several weeks ago and it seemed to have gotten worse after that.

You say you are experiencing this after a fill? Did the Dr. have you drink some Water right after your fill to make sure you were ok? If you have too much a fill you can't drink very well and they would then take some out. I had my first fill yesterday and that is what I was told so I would call your Dr and tell him what you are experiencing. I can't imagine having that feeling since your banding in Oct., long time to feel that way. Hope you get some good answers and feel better.

Thanks everyone for your input. I went for a fill yesterday, and I mentioned this to the Dr.

I did have an overfill at my last appointment and I had to go into his office and he removed some of the fill. I felt relief of course and never mentioned the lump in my throat. So yesterday I did and he said that it may be from my original overfill and that it should have gone down but perhaps I had a bit of damage from the overfill that would heal in time and that I should take some mylanta to help coat the throat.

BTW, my doctor uses an xray machine, or I should say a fluroscope (sp?) to do the fill. So he was able to see that the Fluid went down from the pouch OK. Just sometimes it is OK in the office and you go home and it is not.

thanks again everyone...

That's called Globus Sensation. It can be from reflux and also anxiety. I find taking Xanax helps when I have that "lump" feeling. It's very annoying. Good luck!