Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Angie and I am new to this forum. I am looking to have the lap-band done as soon as I can. I am 220 pounds with a BMI of 41. I am going to Dr. Bauman in Concord NC. The paper work is the long and drawn out process. I hope it doesn't take to long to get a date and get my surgery. I am very excited and worried all in one. I am sure alot of you have gone through this.

I have looked around on this forum and really think everyone on her is doing really well. I hope I have a success story to tell and brag about one day. I can't wait to put my before and after pictures on here. That will be a big highlight for me. I will keep you all updated on my progress and let you know when I have a date. I hope to be a May Bandster! :)

Angie

Angie, best of luck to you! How much weight would you like to lose? Do you have any other health problems? If so, you'll be amazed how they will improve.

I would like to lose 100 pounds if at all possible. I really don't have that many health problems. But have a history of Diabetes in the family. I also got Gestational Diabetes with all 3 pregnancies. I sure hope insurance pays for it. I am working hard. I was suppose to see the psycologist on the 18th but I called them today to see if there was a cancellation and there was! I go to them on Monday! I can't wait! That means surgery date would be put up a couple more weeks. So hopefully I can get this done by the time I go to Vegas in June! :)

Thanks to you all that have welcomed me here. It is really nice. I can't wait for my journey with the lap-band and the new friends I will come across!

Angie

Welcome Angie!

I wish you a quick ...... banding?? hehehe! I too have 100 pounds to lose. My surgery is coming up next week. I have to tell you I love your screen name. I wish I had thought of it first! LOL!!! My boss's name is James Bond and I am his office manager. I get called a Bond girl, Q, and Money Penney all the time..

If you are anything like me, I went to my psych. consult and my co-workers were taking bets that she would not let me back out of her office. That she would call the men in white coats and have me hauled away! Needless to say, I ran out of her door!!!

LOL!! Keep smilin' your time is comin!!!

That is great! James Bond! hehehe My brother in-law is a James Bond. Yes, I married into the Bond Family and I am striving to be a BondGirl! :)

Good Luck on your up coming Surgery! Please let me know how it goes. I am very excited for you. I know you can't wait!

Yes, I will probably be carried away to the mental ward and will never be aloud in the real world ever again! :D My friends too are saying the same exact things. Hopefully it will all go well. I am sure it will. If you don't hear from me after Monday you will know they admitted me! lol

Angie

Wow, Good Luck to her! I hope all goes well. Let me know how it goes? I grew up in Chesapeake Va. I moved down here in SC 5 years ago with my husband for his job. It is nice here but I miss my family! Newport News isnt to far away from them since they put up that Bridge tunnel. It is really nice.

Thank's to everyone that has welcomed me to the forum.

Angie

Angie, my mom's being banded April 7th. Good luck to you.

Hey Pat, is she on our April 2005 Bandsters Thread? Does she have a screen name here? I'll just add her as HarleyNana's Mom, sound good?