Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 7th is my date!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Betty. I live in a small town in SW Arkansas. I'm having my surgery at Precision Surgery in Texarkana, TX. So far I love the doctors & staff there. I've attended a couple of support groups already because my boyfriend had the surgery in February. I never had considered that I could actually have this surgery until he did & then I started checking into it. I went for my first appointment last month, had a sleep study & psyche evaluation & got a call last Thursday to schedule the surgery. May 7th is their first available appointment & barring no conflicts at work I will have it that day & start my 2-week liquid diet next Wednesday. That will be hard. I'm one of those folks that had been eating very heavy to make sure my BMI was at 40 & I'm still eating that way because I don't want too big of a drop before the surgery. So I am going to crash hard after a few hours of liquids only. I want this surgery because I am so tired of losing the same 50 pounds. I have lost at least 1000 pounds in my life only to gain it back + 5 more. I was to the point that I didn't see the sense of another diet. I actually lost 56 pounds just last year, not because I was trying but because I went through a very hard divorce that I didn't want after 17 years of marriage. But as soon as I started dating my boyfriend in the fall the weight started creeping back on.

I love this website. I have learned so much already that I feel will help me be prepared. I've already got my grocery list ready of what I'm going to need. I've also already got my first little nasty response that ticked me off. I found out that I had sleep apnea during the sleep study. I went to pick up my c-pap machine on Monday. The respitory therapist said "so, you're having the Lap Band? You don't look like you need it". I said well, my BMI was 40 & I have sleep apnea & high blood pressure. I guess I may as well get used to it. I can't keep it to myself. This is a small town & i have a "high-profile" job. Last year everyone was asking me how I was losing weight. I would just tell them the "divorce diet".

Well. This got longer than planned. I look forward to chatting with some of you. BTW - I'm a single mom of 2 kids... a boy 14 & a girl 9. I also have a chocolate Cocker Spaniel who is like a child. And I'm a big NASCAR fan if you don't know what the JRFAN88 stands for - Dale Jr!:crying:

Hi Betty! Thanks for sharing your story. LBT is a great place for information and support. Good luck to you!!

And by the way....KASEY KAHNE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying:

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Betty. I live in a small town in SW Arkansas. I'm having my surgery at Precision Surgery in Texarkana, TX. So far I love the doctors & staff there. I've attended a couple of support groups already because my boyfriend had the surgery in February. I never had considered that I could actually have this surgery until he did & then I started checking into it. I went for my first appointment last month, had a sleep study & psyche evaluation & got a call last Thursday to schedule the surgery. May 7th is their first available appointment & barring no conflicts at work I will have it that day & start my 2-week liquid diet next Wednesday. That will be hard. I'm one of those folks that had been eating very heavy to make sure my BMI was at 40 & I'm still eating that way because I don't want too big of a drop before the surgery. So I am going to crash hard after a few hours of liquids only. I want this surgery because I am so tired of losing the same 50 pounds. I have lost at least 1000 pounds in my life only to gain it back + 5 more. I was to the point that I didn't see the sense of another diet. I actually lost 56 pounds just last year, not because I was trying but because I went through a very hard divorce that I didn't want after 17 years of marriage. But as soon as I started dating my boyfriend in the fall the weight started creeping back on.

I love this website. I have learned so much already that I feel will help me be prepared. I've already got my grocery list ready of what I'm going to need. I've also already got my first little nasty response that ticked me off. I found out that I had sleep apnea during the sleep study. I went to pick up my c-pap machine on Monday. The respitory therapist said "so, you're having the Lap Band? You don't look like you need it". I said well, my BMI was 40 & I have sleep apnea & high blood pressure. I guess I may as well get used to it. I can't keep it to myself. This is a small town & i have a "high-profile" job. Last year everyone was asking me how I was losing weight. I would just tell them the "divorce diet".

Well. This got longer than planned. I look forward to chatting with some of you. BTW - I'm a single mom of 2 kids... a boy 14 & a girl 9. I also have a chocolate Cocker Spaniel who is like a child. And I'm a big NASCAR fan if you don't know what the JRFAN88 stands for - Dale Jr!:crying:

Hey there!! Congratulations on your May date!! Come on over to the May 2008 bandster thread and you can keep in touch with all of the May banders!! I am scheduled for May 1st and I can't wait!!!

I also found out that I have sleep apnea while I was going through this process. The CPAP machine is quite interesting... Be ready for a learning curve. It took a while for me to get used to it, but once I did, I can't believe how rested I feel in the morning!!!

I also have diabetes (found out last August). I am hoping that this surgery will get rid of both of these problems..

This website has been great for me. The support is awesome!!!!

It's nice for you to be able to do it with someine else.. You can support each other.

Good luck with everything!!!!