Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So much cash!

Hi

I can justify why I should spend so much money on myself, the thing is, how did you find the money for surgery? Did anyone use the hospital or providers loan etc? By the way, NHS funding is not an option for me!

Thanks

HI! Not sure what your situation is, but I will share mine. Im a wife, mother, sister and daughter. I am overweight and unhappy! I want to be able to be active for my kids and sexy for my husband and of course improve my self-esteam....alot! So when you ask if its worth spending the money on yourself......I say YESYESYES! It is a very small price to pay for your health, physically and mentally. I actually went and got a loan from the bank so my pymnts are not so bad! I also went to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey Mexico so the cost was much less there! I hope all goes well with you journey.

I am cashing out my RRSPs (retirement fund).

When my mortgage comes due next November, I will add that amount to it & replace my RRSPs, ...hopefully.

The mortgage part was actually my husband's idea, because I was stressing so much about spending the last of my returement fund.

hi l had my band done direct with shaw sommers at the chichester treatment centre in chicester for £4.950

WHY NOT MAKE UP A NEW THREAD WHOS HAD IT DONE THE CHEAPEST YOU NEVER NOW

Wendy

HI!! I know it is a lot of money but trust me, you deserve it!! As moms we are constantly short changing ourselves but this one time I did something for me and so glad I did. I went to Detroit Medical Center for my surgery. It was 11,700 total. I put a little over half on credit cards and saved for the rest so I had cash. I know that saving is not easy but you really have to want this surgery to do that! Good luck!

I went to Belgium for my op, the cost at the time was around £2500.

My beloved Dad had passed away 18 months before and had left me some money. I decided the best gift to myself and my dad was to spend some of it on the banding op. The way I was going it was life-saving for me.

I went to my GP to discuss my options and even though I met criteria to get banded on the NHS I was looking at a 2 year wait minimum and once I had made the decision to go ahead I just wanted to do it.

Good luck with it all.

Laura x

It seems like a lot of cash but I think it will be worth it all in the end. I have just had my surgery done (07/05) in Belgium and the op cost me £4000.00 I borrowed some money from a financial provider which was recommended on my surgeons website and the rest I had saved!!

I took out a home equity loan to pay for mine. Sure, surgery is expensive, but I needed to take care of myself. I had to look at the cost of how much food I was eating, the cost of my meds, the cost of healthcare for the problems I was having and compare it to what the long term benefits of weight loss are. I'm now off all of my meds, I no longer have horrible acid reflux, my knees don't hurt, my grocery bill has plummetted, and I have energy like I haven't had in years.