Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advise badly

I am scheduled for May 20th, however, my doctor will not do the surgery if I dont lose 20 pounds. I have lost only six in the last month so far. Can someone give me advise on how to drop this weight. I am afraid that I will not meet my goal and be a failure at this war with my weight as usual. I am panicking because I believe that if I cant do this now, how will I do when I am banded? Can someone please offer me some advise on how I can lose this weight? I will take any advise. Please help anyone! :confused:

the lapband is a tool you still have to change your eating habits so use this time as a step towards your new diet, you have to remember the diet b4 the band is as important as your diet after the band you have a date so your journery to a new life is now! stay postive:thumbup:

it's not if i get banded, it's when i get banded!

I ate low carb --meat, cheese, eggs, lots of Water to keep you feeling full (30 carbs total a day) and made myself do some sort of exercise during my favorite show each night for a month and lost 25 lbs---if i can do it, so can you :tt1:

You can do this! Believe it and you will achieve it! This is short term - the band is long term. Just get over this short hurdle and the long term will be so much better.

I know a lot of people loose 20 pounds or so just because of the liquid diet, so maybe you could start yours a little earlier? I know it sucks but it might be a good way to drop the weight fast and since you probably have to do it eventually anyways. Good luck!

Hi Coco. I was supposed to loose 20 pounds too. I went to my appointment with the surgeon and hadn't lost (didn't gain either) anything. So what he suggested is doing liquids. At the moment I'm doing Liquid Protein 2 times a day, no-fat cottage cheese once a day and a light meal at night. Since Wednesday I've lost 8 pounds. Of course 2 weeks before the surgery I will go completley to liquids. It definitely isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm not really hungry and feel pretty good. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Hi Coco,

I had to lose weight too... and I did very well with the following diet from my nutritionist... Saw results immediately... She focussed on a lot of Protein 65-105 grams a day... and I don't cook much so she gave me super easy things to eat... Here goes:

Breakfast: Two hard boiled eggs (or eggs of any kind)

Fresh fruit

Snack: String cheese

Lunch: Lean Cuisine the new chicken Flatbread one is delicious and a small salad

Snack: 100 Calorie pack (my choice) The new carrot cake ones are good and actually have 2 or 3 grams of Protein

Dinner: Body Fortress Protein shake - Buy it all Walmart $13.00 for a huge container... I like the vanilla but chocolate is good too. I mix the vanilla with a cup of Simply Smart Milk, ice cubes, a sprinkle of cinnamon and thow it in my Magic Bullet and it's a nice, super creamy shake!

If I am still hungry or feel like something I can have another 100 calorie pack of my choice. Don't forget to drink tons of water!

When I did this I lost around a quarter pound to a half pound a day!

Good Luck!

Shannon

I am scheduled for May 20th, however, my doctor will not do the surgery if I dont lose 20 pounds. I have lost only six in the last month so far. Can someone give me advise on how to drop this weight. I am afraid that I will not meet my goal and be a failure at this war with my weight as usual. I am panicking because I believe that if I cant do this now, how will I do when I am banded? Can someone please offer me some advise on how I can lose this weight? I will take any advise. Please help anyone! :thumbup:

I've lost 25 pounds so far - pre-surgery. I've lost 15 of those pounds in the last 2 weeks. Keep your total calorie intake below 1200. I have a Slim Fast Optima shake in the AM, a banana for a snack, a Lean Cuisine (go for the lower calorie ones) for lunch, a low-fat yogurt for snack and a salad for dinner. The Weight Watcher Desserts are low cal and a nice treat too for something sweet after dinner. I'm drinking a TON of Water and Crystal Light Iced Tea.

Remember to get some exercise in there - walking, stretching, etc. Whatever you can manage.

Keep away from carbs - bread, Pasta, rice and the weight WILL come off. Swear off fast food and soda (even diet) and limit the dairy (I'm a big fan of cheese and I've really kept away from cheese and the weight is coming off now).

You can do this! :)