Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food delivery services

Does anyone here use them? I HATE cooking and am so busy it never seems to work out. I am looking at the Zone, BB new plan and a couple others.

So the question of the day is do you use one?

How does the food taste?

Do you have any issues with the food they send?

Can they customize for a bandster?

Thanks!

I've never used them but I'm also 20 and have had the luck of my mother doing it until I was 18, I don't have a job at the moment so I do the cooking but you could always go to your supermarket and look in the frozen aile, they usually have weight watchers meals, lean cuisines etc frozen that are also nutritious, take little time to heat and are small and adequate for someone that has a band, if you don't eat it all you can always put it in the fridge and have some veggies with it the next day for lunch, also they tend to have alot of different recipes that are also really nice

I used one about 5 years ago and lost 20kg in only 4 months (which is more than I've lost with the band, haha!). It was in Australia, though, so I don't know if you have the same company there (ours is quite possibly a subsidiary or franchise of a US company). Here, they are called Lite-n-Easy and I was quite impressed with them.

You could order your food and pay online, there were always 2 choices for Breakfast and 2 for lunch, different on each day, and about 40-50 choices for evening meals. They would changed the menu every season, so the variety was good. The food quality was WAY better than anything Jenny Craig or Lean Cuisine put out.

The only issues I had with it were the packaging (every single item was individually wrapped and then bagged into meals, generating HUGE amounts of plastic) and that it didn't teach good eating habits, and I gained the weight back when I stopped ordering the food. I also tended not to eat all of the food delivered so accumulated heaps of leftovers of bits I didn't like much :confused:

Still - in the short term, it was a good option. Expensive compared to cooking for yourself, but really convenient and very easy.

I also live in Australia and did Lite n Easy as well. The meals were great, especially the dinners (a big variety). I lost 16 kilos about 3 years ago but put most of it back on about 1.5 years later. Of course I've lost it again with the band. Anyway, with Lite n Easy you can order just their dinners which I still do occasionally. There's no harm in trying a variety of meals from the supermarket and once you find a couple you like then buy some to keep in the freezer.

I never used anything like that, but sometimes last year I looked into (non-diet place) food delivery places. They were too expensive, but if I had the money I would have done it. Gourmet meals, and they have low-cal, low-carb, etc. options. I found 3 places, no longer book marked, but I found them by googling 'gourmet food delivery'.

i found this list of several in the US (25 Diet food Delivery Services) I've never tried them, was looking into them. Don't think it would financiallly be beneficial for me, as i have a family to buy food for as well, and this would basically double my grocery bill. i would love to, as so many days i'm too busy or wore out to worry about cooking.