Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Polygamy Sects

I can't say I think much about the Polygamy lifestyles or belief systems, BUT I do find the show "Big Love" informative & somewhat entertaining. :D

I love that show!

But most of the young chicks are forced into marriage and baby-making with those old farts. Ewww.

Jennie- there's no need for you to apologize, I wasn't offended. :)

I think we agree on the fundamentals- no one is going to argue child abuse should happen. We just disagree on the extent that government can/should go to find out. This question is really a question for the state laws. The fact is for a child abuse allegation to be investigated, the state doesn't need any "proof". Anyone can call on anyone else. I hear the argument that they could have gone in and found THIS girl and investigated that allegation only, but the state is required to investigate all the children of a household. The compound could be considered one household and therefore EVERY child should be investigated. I've done investigations where someone called in on a child in a shelter and I therefore had to interview EVERYONE in the shelter. Obnoxious, maybe. Unfair, well, that's up to interpretation.

I have friends and associates who are down there helping out with the investigation. I hear you say you have "inside information" but with so many people involved, that information is traveling quite a ways. With so many people involved, children, parents, law enforcement, judge, media, CPS workers, volunteers, etc... EVERYONE has their own opinion and can share that, but I would be careful about what you choose to believe or not... and with what you share, especially on a public forum. You can get people in trouble for that kind of thing- even just that statement that you've been told information can cross the boundaries of privacy acts.

Let me say this though. I loved doing investigations- as hard as it was it had it's moments of payoff. I'm glad I no longer work for Texas CPS. I'd like to say I have faith that everything that's going on down there is Kosher, but I've seen my fair share of wrongdoings. I can pray for the children, who I really have heartbreak for. The SYSTEM is broken. Not just for these children, but for millions of children across our nation being abused- there's no publicity for them, no advocate, no judge to take them to a safer place. I guess I'm on the other side of the spectrum- I would rather the rights of a few be hurt to ensure we're protecting our children.

I think the degree of secrecy and isolation is inversely proportional to the validity of the religion.

THAT is profound.

Hi, underage pregnant girls were there when they entered, yes, take the children, protect the children. That is what CPS is for, not for answering bogus, hoax calls.

Hi, underage pregnant girls were there when they entered, yes, take the children, protect the children. That is what CPS is for, not for answering bogus, hoax calls.

It sounds like you and I both know people there. I found it interesting that it sounds like the people you know are in the social work field. The people I know are in the law enforcement field. Considering our polarity of opinions, I just found that interesting :-)