Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks since surgery and..

Hi all,

I just wanted to share that I had my first post op visit yesterday and I am down 11.2 pounds in 2 weeks, can't believe it! I feel so good, the surgeon said my incisions are healing but the port incision is still a bit sore, that will take a little longer to heal. I have graduated to the mushy/baby food, so glad I can eat regular food. My next appt is Monday April 25th for my first fill.

Wow, Corgi, great job on the weight loss and glad you're feeling so well. And congratulations, aren't mushies wonderful? LOL

Corgi,

Was your surgery on the 15th of March? Because that was my surgery date also. I have not weighed this week but last week I had lost 12 pounds. Isn't this great! Congratulations to you on your weight loss also!

Hi Madelaine Mom,

No my surgery was March 18, my first fill will be Monday April 25th, can't wait. Now that I am healed from surgery and my stomach is down i am getting hungrier, but I guess that's expected.

Wow, Corgi, good for you. I am 9 days past surgery, and only 6 1/2 lbs. The Water weight is gone now.any ideas on what to eat for mushy foods that are not high in sodium? I had chili yesterday, and was up 1/2 lb. from the sodium in it. My tummy is still sore at the port site also. But I can feel it, it feels hard.

Roseann

Hi Roseann,

My twin sister's name is Roseann! I just started musy stage and as someone said here on the board, you can eat anything, healthy that is, but just blend it in a blender or food processor. I am very moderate, I am still eating Soups, cream of wheat and soft foods, I fell safer that way. Go to the food section of the board to get some ideas.

thanks corgi, i willgo to the food section, and yes it does feel good eating regular foods, but I do need a fill soon-am hungry after 3 hrs.

Roseann

Roseann,

So am I hungry about a few hours after I eat. After the surgery I had no desire for food, for almost 8 days, I think because of all the anesthesia and meds and swollen stomach from the surgery. If I lose that desire to eat after a fill I will do well.

Corgi, I don't know the date of my first fill, but this monday when I call the dr. for an update, I will tell him that I am still hungry. Maybe he will fill me soon. It has only been 10 days, so I guess I will have to wait a few more weeks. I had ricotta cheese tonight, mixed with spag. sauce and mozzarealla cheese, heated up, and it was like having baked ziti without the Pasta. It was really good. Someone also said to mix refried Beans, cheese and salsa. That was sad about our Pope, but he went quickly, and that is a good thing.

Roseann