Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

reaching size 10/12

Has anyone got down to a size 10 or 12 nice lose fit? what size were you before? how long did it take you to get down to the small size??

Hi Slimmy

I am a little taller thank you by a couple of inches! What size did you start at if you don't mind me asking?

Actually no i haven't reached size 10/12 but I do want to report that I am now a size 14 on the top! I don't have big boobs, but I have big arms and I used to be large across the back also. I am wearing a very slimming size 14 black work shirt, which fits fabulously.

Now on the bottom is a different story. I think I am still 16/18 as I have huge thights and calves. I have a lot do do in that area and it will probably be very slow going, but clothes I haven't been in for years are starting to fit now. My waist is actually a 14, so whatever I buy, I have to have it altered.

Darn this pear shape I have.

People are starting to notice the weight loss now which is nice.

I fit into a tight 12 and most 14s now from most shops (smaller sizes in some places like kmart, their sizing is HUGE!) I started at 115kg in Nov 2006 and am hovering around 67-68kg at the moment. I'm 163cm (5 foot 4). I want to get down to a size 10....or 60kg, which ever is smallest.

Edited by She Smiles

My sister did. She had the band 4 years ago and started at size 20 and is currently a 8-10 (depending on the clothes). Mind you, she is tiny (5ft 5ish)- she has a very small frame so it suits her well.

I on the other hand would be happy to get to a size 14 - anything smaller and I wouldn't be able to stand upright (I'm 5 ft 11 with a larger frame).

I started 102kg and size 22, had lost 15 kilos over two years before myself to get down to 102. I was size 22 when started lap band, yep i too would like to get to 60 kilos am 5 ft 4.

I'm 5ft 8", with a curvey athletic body. Unfortunately, its hiding underneath about 40 kgs of fat at the moment :-) I am currently size 22/24.

I really don't want to get down to a size 10/12 - I don't even think that it would be physically possible for me. I was always VERY lean until I broke my ankle at age 20 and gave up sports. Even then I was a size 14/16. My first bra at age 11 was a 36 B.

Personally, I'm going to be very happy with a curvey size 16.

I'm a size 12 now unless its a really top range boutique - smaller sizes. But sussan, target, jacqui E, a definite 12. I was a size 20, to 22, I'm 5ft 10 and 70kg and lost about 43kg.

And I *STILL* have lumps and bumps and a bit of jiggle. You really gotta be thin to be able to wear absolutely anything, sigh.

The thing is size 12 looks quite "normal" to me, and thin on other people but I dont see it on myself. I still feel big. But I think its becuase I am so tall.

If I had another 6 inches on me like you Jacqui I reckon I'd look GREAT at this weight! I saw your last photo when you posted it and you definitely look thin, athletic and very fit to me - just the look I'm aiming for! I know we're all our own worst critics though!