Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need a fill center near jacksonville

My wife and i went to mexico for surgery. We take a 3 hour drive to tampa for fills with fill center usa. Their doctors are not allowed to put more than 1 cc of saline at a time when i had almost no restriction. Now they refuse that they made a mistake and want me back to charge again. Wonder why they only wanted to put 1 cc. That was not right.

Edited by msalamehjax
capitol letter

Hi

I am from jax too. I am planning on going to Mexico in late May. I have set up my fills with Dr. Abbas Shariat at Jax Beach. Initial evaluation with a fill is $750. Each port access fill is $400. He does not offer flouro. Anyone have a better idea?

I am going to Dr. Beltre in Altamonte Springs - near Orlando. $500 for initial consultation and fill and $100 for each afterwards. I live in St. Augustine - it should take a little over an hour for me to get there. I am going there on Tuesday for my first fill.

If you have a problem with an individual Fill Centers USA Dr. you should call the 1-800 # and make a report. They are not all the same, some are much more willing to work with people than others.

I had a problem about 6-8 weeks ago, and thought I was going to need an emergency unfill. The closest Fill Centers USA to me, was not extremely helpful--I would have been driving 3.5 hours to get there, and they would have been closed, and that was that--------no compromise...nothing. But Emma with Fill Centers USA called me back and found one in Arizona---which would have been 5 hours away, but they said to call when I got into town and they would meet me in the office....anytime 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for an emergency. Totally differing attitudes between the 2 centers. I mentioned it to them when they (Fill Centers USA) called me back to check on how I was, and they said without people letting them know about the experiences they have, they have no way to improve them.

I ended up making it through without travelling for the unfill-----and even though I have a private surgeon (who happened to be out of town when I fell ill), they have called to check on me, and have called to ask questions about my experience. So I would say if you had a bad experience--------call and discuss it with them.

The prices quoted to me, were much more reasonable than some posted here, and would follow you around the country if you were travelling. Meaning, if you were in one state and paid the initial consult/fill fee---------then even if you move to another area, or see one while on vacation, then you just pay the fill/exam fee---not a new consultation fee.

My Dr. is also very conservative in his fills and has showed me articles detailing why, showing less complications with lesser restriction, and especially without overfilling. It is hard on your stomach to be overfilled, and your entire system---ask anyone who has been overfilled!! It is a miserable time I understand.

I did get 1.25cc.'s the first fill, but for second and subsequent fills he does 1/2 cc (.50cc) is all each time---so that is not an unusual practice. I am not disparaging those who do more, just stating the small, conservative fills are not uncommon, or limited to shiester Dr.'s.

We are each in charge of our own medical care, and fighting to get good care is not always easy. Luckily for me, I found something besides the mediocre care offered at one Fill Center, and found excellent at another.

And for the record-----I do not now, nor have I ever, worked for or with Fill Centers USA in any way. I have never actually used them for an adjustment....just spoke with them several times during a rough band time. And found them to be a kind voice, and the only offer of help I had....after speaking to 5 hospitals, and numerous Dr.'s that were not band affilliated.

I do not mean to be argumentive, or disagreeable, but when it comes to fills----erring on the side of caution is a good thing---better safe than sorry!

Kat

please do not go there, I have been scammed by Dr. Shariat for over 1200 dollars so far, finally I went to get a barium swallow, and the radiologist told me, that my band was fine, the dr wasn't filling me, thinking I would keep going in for a fill, I am now looking for a new doctor, after calling and complaining to Dr. shariat's office manager, I recieved a registered letter cancelling me as a patient!!! I cried and cried, because I am a student who saved up for over 2 months for my fills, and recieved nothjing at all!!!!!! but what do you do???? who do you call, how do you prove that you have been scammed????????

I think the first thing you need to find out is whether or not you have actually been filled or not. There is a possibility that he did fill you and you have a defective tube, port or band, and your fill leaked out. If you find another Dr, they can determine this for you.

If it is indeed leaking out, then you may opt to try omnipaque which is like a stop leak for bands-------and see if that works, if not, you might have to replace the defective part. When that happens it needs to be reported to the bands maker.

If you find out you have not been filled at all, in other words, if you get a fill and all is well, indicating the other Dr. had never attempted to fill you---then you might see if anyone will help you prove that, although I find it highly unlikely.

What exactly did you say to the office manager?

If this is through a Fill Centers USA---then by all means contact the main office through the 800 # and discuss it with them. They contract with individual Dr.'s and have to rely on us as patients to report our satisfaction or dissatisfaction with them as band Dr.'s and representatives.

Kat

Hey everyone! I am in Jacksonville too. My friend and I were both banded on May 8th, so we have not had fills yet, but I would highly recommend our doctor's office. Jacksonville Weight Loss Center, Dr Robert Cywes and Dr Michael Baptista. Telephone 904-399-4004. They are located on Beach Blvd near where Atlantic and Beach Blvd meet, Southgate area I think. I know when we had our surgery the Drs give you their personal cell phone numbers and we can call they any time no matter what time of day with any problems or questions. We have witnessed patients calling them while we are with them for appointments and they always excuse themselves to take the calls. We were impressed with that. Give them a call and check it out. Best wishes and good luck to all of us!!!:)