Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days out and food is stuck!!

How did you get liquids stuck? :huh2: What do you mean by stuck?

If it's only stuck, it should pass in a bit. Otherwise, you may end up throwing it up. If it's an emergency situation, maybe you need to go to the ER. Not sure on how much info you gave. Good luck.

Hi JanaBanana,

What makes you think the fluids are stuck?

What symptoms are you feeling? Have you had trouble getting liquids down over the past few days? What exactly did you drink that you think is stuck?

Maybe someone can offer advice if you are able to provide more details - sorry I can't help, i've not experienced this sensation myself as yet.

So what is it you think is stuck---the liquid---is nothing going through at all? If it is indeed closed off to all liquid passing, there will be no option before long besides it all coming up. As you swallow your saliva it will fill the pouch and the esophagus, and cause you to PB or throw it all back up.

If that is not happening, then things are slowly passing through, and you might just need to take it VERY slowly, and carefully.

Are you in pain? Can you provide more detail???

Kat

Sorry...I drank a danactive earlier...then much much earlier I had a pudding cup......I'm not in any pain but, I feel something swirling around in there....and I feel REALLY full. I havent puked or coughed up anything. I just feel like something is in there, and its been hours since I ate.

Sounds like it was too heavy---I would go back to clear liquids---Water consistency.....and let my stomach settle back down after this problem.

I know diets differ greatly, I was not allowed pudding cups for well over 2 weeks following surgery, so I really have nothing to base a response on.

Be very careful, your band needs time to seat itself, without your stomach working so hard.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kat

Sounds like it was too heavy---I would go back to clear liquids---Water consistency.....and let my stomach settle back down after this problem.

I know diets differ greatly, I was not allowed pudding cups for well over 2 weeks following surgery, so I really have nothing to base a response on.

Be very careful, your band needs time to seat itself, without your stomach working so hard.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kat

Thank you Kat...My doctor told me it was ok to have pudding and that he considered it a liquid... but, the more I get on here the more I notice I am in the minority eating pudding just yet. I will do what you said...and drink water....and stay away from pudding..Thank you

with the pudding, you can thin it out with skim milk, making it a liquid. you still get the good flavor.

Good point--plus you also get the nourishment---which will help your body to heal, and give you energy. I know you hate to add unwanted calories, but you seriously need to think along the lines of healing and health at this point and wait to worry about weight loss until the healing is done.

Are you feeling better today?

Kat