Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I had my surgery on 4/10 and actually already went back to work. I feel great! However I do have a question about the port. See I have one place which is under my breast a little that is sore and under the skin it feels like the port. There is def something in there!!! However, on my right side in the middle of my stomach there is anoter incision that feels like there is kinda something hard underneath that too! What is going on? I am so crazy but I feel like I am one of those patients that has a medical tool left in them. Does anyone else know what this could be? Could my incision just feel hard? Please help me understand what is going on!! :)

your port will be in the incision that is the biggest on ur body, They need more room to get in there to sew it to your muscles. The other one is probably just scar tissue forming under the scar. I have one like that too

Of your incisions 2 will be larger than the others. The largest is usually in the area of the port placement. The other is where they actually took the band itself through to apply it.

The tools used for your surgery are all pretty much attached to the laproscopic equipment. It is not like an open surgery where they use hemostats to clamp something, or anything like that. They do not cut....so there is no need for that. The smaller holes or incisions are from tools being pushed through the skin and into your abdomen to hold tissue back---to hold your liver back out of the way etc---but they are not something small enough to actually go in through the small hole, and be left behind.

Another of the holes was used to light the work area, and to inflate it with a gas to hold it open---so to speak---while they worked.

Different Dr.'s place the ports in many different areas, to guess which one is your port would be an impossibility for us here. Some are high, others below the waist even!

When you go for your first adjustment, you will learn which is your port----if you don't figure it out before then. In the meantime, I would relax about left behind surgical tools, there were really none used that could be left!

Inflamation can make the incisions feel harder to the touch.

I am so glad you are feeling good, and back to work! Good Job!

Welcome to bandland and welcome to LBT!!

Kat

My port is near my largest incision, slightly to the right of my belly button. I doubt they left anyhting inside of you,. If they did, infection would have set in by now and you wouldn't be feeling so great.

On my body the upper most incision between my breasts is where my lapband was installed. Below that is my larger incision apprx 2 1/2 inches is where they slipped the port in but the port is actually to the left of my belly button. Again on the left side I can feel my tube that runs from the port to the band and it is also stitched in place. I thought my port would be right under my incision but my doc told me he likes to put them lower so he can feel it better when he has his patients do like a crunch sit up to feel that sweet spot for fills. Sure makes it easy on me! Hopefully your pain isn't anything to worry about but when I first started walking I had pain in my left side just below my breast and when I discussed this with my doc :thumbs_down: that's when he told me that it was the tube running from the port to the band that was irritating me while I walked..it went away after about 10 days.:huh2: Best bet is to ask your doc about it!:biggrin2:

Of your incisions 2 will be larger than the others. The largest is usually in the area of the port placement. The other is where they actually took the band itself through to apply it.

so, this really isn't all that relevant, but some doctors not only make 4 incisions, not 5. i have one big scar and 3 tiny ones, one of which is in my belly button. i'm not sure why this would be different, or why they would have needed a 5th hole when they can get away with 4. maybe my doc is just a really gifted surgeon, and it's easier with 5 holes. i've also heard a lot of people talking about being black and blue after surgery, and i didn't get a single bruise. anyway, i'm just curious about the 4 vs. 5 holes.

Mostly it just depends on what your Dr. is comfortable with, or what his equipment is set up with......some laproscopic equipment, the light is a separate wand---needing its own opening---other machines have it combined with other tools.

There is also the persons size to consider---if it requires more stomach fat to be held back for the banding or not.

The only bruising I had was from the Lovenox (blood thinner) injection given into the abdomen before and after surgery---no bruising from the surgery itself.

I had my largest incision which is almost centered, just a bit left--and down about 6 inches from my breasts where my port is. Up about an inch and over about 3---is where they inserted the band. Those places were actually cut, and I had stitches. Then I had 2 poke holes that were just taped closed. One of them was up high--almost between my breasts---the other to the right side. I cannot even find those scars now!

Kat