Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfilled for a week! Yikes.

Okay, I'm a little nervous about this. I'm hoping the last 6 months have taught me something about eating right...and less.

I had a fill last week that was way too tight. They took some out, but I think I was still too swollen and sore. Rather than do damage (further damage?) I went back this morning and the doc took it all out. I'll go back next week and he'll put most of it back in. He said he just wanted to give me time to heal.

I am nervous at the idea of suddenly being able to eat ANYTHING, and it's doubled because I am coming from about 3 days of not even getting Water down. So, I'm really tempted by food right now because I've been hungry. Like coming off of the flu.

I've got my weight loss so far to keep me going, and I have been looking at old pictures, trying on the size 24 jeans - I'm a size 18 now. (Another week of being dehydrated and not eating, I'd have been into the size 16s I bought. That would have made it easier for the paramedics to carry me out.)

I'm worried that this is a bad turn and getting back on track will be difficult. Has anyone had a complete unfill in the middle of their journey, and then gotten back on track with fills later?

Thanks!

This is where it is important for you to really realize that YOU are in control - not food, and not appetite.

I had an epiphany when I was quitting smoking a year ago. I am terrified of flying (I mean very near phobic about it). I flew to Sweden to see my daughter and her family.

I didn't smoke on the way over and I met my granddaughter and daughter in Stockholm and we shopped until we dropped. :)) I was taking Chantix to help with the craving for a smoke. I spent a month in Sweden.

On the way home back to Texas I was in Stockholm at the airport and had to spend the night. I thought "Well, I should buy a pack of smokes and it will help me be calm before tomorrow's flight." On my way to buy cigarettes, I thought "You know you will never quit unless you committ to it." I committed right then and there and never had another smoke. Let me tell you that I'm flying to Sweden again and I will miss the calming effect of smoking, but I won't need it.

You really can do it. Keep your eyes on the prize. :biggrin:)

Thank you! You are right! I am in control.

That will be my mantra. After all, I'll have to do it when I get to goal, right? So why not start now!?

One week? You can do that standing on your head! HAHA. In Dec. I was very irritated and my doc took my Fluid out for 30 days! After that month off, she started filling me slowly. It took 4 fills an another THREE MONTHS to get restriction. SO, I was basically w/o my band for 4 months! I was scared to death! However, I really counted calories. In fact, to help me out, I bought a Body Bugg and I think it's the BEST for seeing how you can actually balance activity and cals and do OK. I will say, there were days I "white knuckled" it and overate and other days I did great. The best part is that I felt great and once I got restriction and used my body bugg, I've lost another 20 lbs! SO, hang in there. Have a few splurge meals (I ate a hamburger with a bun...something I could not do for over 3 years!). Then, get back at it with the next meal. You will do fine!!!

:thumbup: Thank you! Way to go on your loss!!!

Actually, I'm feeling better about it than I did in the beginning.

I'm doing the Weight Watcher point system, so I feel good about eating things I wouldn't on the band, as long as they're within my points.

Last night I had a kids meal from Wendys with a cheeseburger and it was great!

I think initially I was scared I would go crazy and have the head hunger over take me. After all, I am a self sabotager with past diets, so it was likely I'd mess this up, too, right?

But, I'm keeping it in perspective and keeping my goal in my sights. I didn't come this far to lose it after a week (or two...or several!)

Jack, I love that saying...who coined that one? I love it.

Courage, Action, Now...yes. I can do it. It also helps to have friends:

I was going to eat a doughnut. I had it on a napkin on my desk, and I'd taken a bite out of it. A co-worker comes by and points and says, "No...I saw your sign! You fell into the trap! I saw your sign!!!!!" Over and over again. I started laughing and said, "THANK YOU!" and I threw the doughnut away.

My sign is a picture of me at 300 pounds and I wrote: DON'T EAT THE DOUGHNUTS! on it. I have it taped to my speakers at work so that I can see it, but other's can't. I guess he came around one day and saw it and was reminding me of it! LOL

So, that saved me. Now I'm back on track.

Why is it so hard for the mind to catch on?

I had to be completely unfilled for 40+ days in Novemeber (yep over Thanksgiving!) and I still managed to lose 10 pounds. It was the slowest the weight came off, but it came off none the less! On Friday I am going in to have my fill taken completely out because I too had a fill that was way too tight and even after a partial unfill, have still been too tight for the last several weeks. Now I have irritated my tummy to the point that I keep PB'ing. However I am not getting my fill put back in for at least 3 months. I am having a Tummy Tuck in July and my plastic surgeon wants me unfilled during the healing portion of that. Couple that with the fact that I live 6 hours away from my lap-band doc, am out of sick days at work (I am a teacher) and you get yourself on fine test! Fortunately I am at maintenance so it should be easier this time around.

One thing that I found is that if I was getting hungry in between meals is that at the next meal I would eat a salad with salsa. Lettuce and salsa have very few calories and if you couple that with some good solid Protein it really does keep you full for a little longer.

Now is when you have to test those new habits you learned. I was worried that I would want to starting eating anything and everything because I could, but I haven't even been thinking that way, so I am confident in myself. This is a way to show yourself and everyone else that YOU do 98% of the work. The band is only a tool!

Good luck, you can do it!

Salsa and salad...I've never tried that. I will have to do that! I love salads, so it's been nice being able to eat them. It's the dressing that comes with it that's bad. :)

Tonight is weigh in at Weight Watchers...so it's the real test.