Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did your period come back?

I haven't had a period since October 2007 until just yesterday.:confused2: I went to work and was like WTF. Didn't feel a thing, but yes she was there:thumbup:. I had to run to the store and get some supplies. Took a shower last night and went to sleep. I realized this morning when I woke up that I messed up my bedding set. Hubby was pissed, rightfully so, but he understands. He just figured that he had been blessed with a wife who no longer was "bitchy" once a month. We already have two beautiful kids and weren't planning on having anymore:mellow:. But the question is what do I do now. My ob/gyn had refused to put me on any kind of birth control periods because heart disease runs rampant in my family:crying:. So she put me on the provera but that didn't even work for me. I had my surgery this past month on June 13th, it will be a month next week and I have my first fill on the July 14th. I am so excited to be losing weight and even happier to say that I feel like a woman now since Aunt Flow is back, but does this mean that I am cured. I haven't lost an extreme amount, only 16lbs, but it's better than nothing.

So am I cured from the PCOS or is this just a fluke or what:confused2:? Someone else told me that it might be fibroids and not to get happy, so I don't know what to think.

Any advice.

PCOS is Symptomatic , if you have the symptoms you have PCOS .

I dont know if you are ever "Cured" of it. But maybe "remission" is a better word ? My periods at a yr out are still coming every month.

But much do my dismay the facial hair has not let up . If your doc does not want you on the pill you might consider an IUD .

I considered that before i made Hubby get snipped LMAO

remember the more weight you lose the more FERTILE you are going to get !! HTH

Mindy

I had a period the day before surgery on May 7th and I havent seen one since!!! I'm starting to wonder why aunt flow hasnt shown back up since surgery because I am losing weight and exercising etc.

I've always been irregular too and it's nothing to go 6 months without my period. When dh was in Iraq and I lost about 30lbs, my period became as regular as it's ever been (32 day cycles). I was at 230 then. I think every woman is different though.

My OB/GYN told me that most people stop ovulating once they hit the 200lbs mark...which makes sense because when I got pregnant with my daughter 8yrs ago I was about 180. When she finally got here, I was 250 and didn't have a period for a year. They were irregular up until the end of last year then they completely stopped. Last month, it came on its own after about 30 days without Provera (synthetic progesterone). This month it seems like same ol' same ol'. Just about time to break out the Provera just to "empty out". :)

I too have PCOS and was banded 4/28. I was hoping by now the periods would have returned on their own but I did just do a provera cycle (I was bad and let it go 17 months first because I hate taking the hormones). I am currently having my period thanks to the provera but I am hoping it is the last cycle of that I need. I can't remember the last time I was regular but I have lost about 40-50 lbs and it has not come back yet. I have been through infertility treatment in the past with no success. I am dying to have a baby and my husband (whose oldest turned 18 today) is beginning to feel too old for another baby, so I am feeling the need to rush. My clock isn't just ticking...it is banging, clanging and sending off alarms!

I had my band surgery may 8th and I started my period the day before surgery...it just finally showed back up on july 17th.

I've taken birth control pills for 15 years. Without the pills, I don't get a cycle, generally. I got my period a couple of times on my own when menstruation first started, then they stopped for almost a year. That's the way it usully goes for me. No pills = no period. However, this morning I got up, went to the bathroom, and discovered my period had started on its own! I'm still amazed. I had a period back in January because I started a pack of pills, then I went off them again because I don't know how to go about getting them here. Maybe after I have the surgery it will become more regular. Not having a period doesn't really bother me, but I do want to have a baby one of these days.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in February of 2008. Unfortunately, I never knew about PCOS until my primary MD sent me to an endocrinologist to help control my ridiculously high blood sugars that required almost 300 units of insulin daily. (I KNOW!) I had my lapband on 11/03/08 at my highest weight of 356lb. By the way, I haven't had to take any insulin since about 3 weeks after surgery. And now at times I find myself scurrying to get something in my mouth because my blood sugar has plummeted into the 60's or low 70's. Go figure. I was already on BC pill prior to surgery and having hormone induced cycles. Prior to the BC pill I was lucky to have a period once every couple of years. I just took my last cycle of BC pills in May and had a normal period this month (June). Yeah! I'm so excited. I'm getting married in August and we really are anxious to start a family. Right now I am monitoring for ovulation with an OPK. To soon yet to be ovulating for this month but am anxiously awaiting that signal from my OPK that means ovulation is "imminent". Because of the BC pills, I'm not sure at what amount of weight loss my cycle would have kicked in but I'm down 54lbs now. I managed to lose about 70lbs a few years ago and my cycle started after about the first 35lbs of weight loss and was like clock work until I slowly started gaining the weight back. I've vowed to make lifestyle changes this time as opposed to just dieting and hopefully keep the weight off. The band will help with that as well. Good luck to all you ladies in this PCOS/obesity struggle. May we all find good health and happiness on our journey.