Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice on my super tight result

I hope someone out there can help me out on this..... here goes my situation...

I got my band - gained two pounds the first month - got a fill - lost the two pounds that I gained the first month and was back at my starting weight - extremely depressing - After the first fill, I did feel restriction some of the time, but I didn't feel that it was near enough for me since I was eating pretty much what I wanted and large quantities a lot of the time - I was very excited to get another fill - got it two days ago - now, I can't keep liquids down. When I drink, I take a tiny sip and it feels like it is sitting on my chest like a lead weight. My question is --- do I wait a while to see if this will pass? or do I call the doc and have some taken out? I wanted so desperately to get good restriction so that I would start losing, but now this....what to do???

Sensy, if you really can't take in liquids you are too tight. If this doesn't change significantly in the next 24 hours, CALL YOUR DOCTOR! You will not lose weight in a good way if you can't eat or drink anything. All you will get is ill, possibly dangerously so.

I cant wait for my fill.. to see what happens.. I cant imagiane I would need an unfill.. but I sure can eat alot right now..

sensy, what ended up happening with you?

Please make sure you call your doctor if you cannot get fluids down.

Don't make the mistake I made last year. I wanted restriction so bad that I never told them the band was too tight. I could have lost my band. All the fill was taken out because was stomach was inflamed.

My doctor finally let me get a fill after almost 9 months. It is tighter in the morning but I can drink fluids with no problem. Right now i amvery happy with the restriction that I have.

Make sure you talk to your doctor. You'll be surprized that the smallest adjustment of fill can make a world of difference for you.

Feel better.

whoa.. thanks for that advice. I want a tight fill so bad and am so ready not to eat.. I think I might let a super tight fill stay that way..

Thank you very much. I am so glad for the advice here.

I went to the doctor!!! He wasn't there...no problem...so the nurse took some Fluid out. I was at 2.2 and asked to be brought down to 1.9. It was like magic. I can now drink fluids!!!! Whew! it feels soooooo good because I was soooo thirsty.

Eating is still questionable. I can eat yogurt with no problem and potted meat (Deviled Ham), but other things still want to come up. I can also sleep!!!! I am just so happy to be able to drink and sleep I haven't gotten to the point where I care about eating yet. I did lose 14 lbs. during those two weeks of misery, but I am sure that a lot was Water weight.

I am really hoping that this is the magic number for me and that I can stay with this for a while with good results. Thank you for your advice I certainly appreciate it!!!

Sensy, I am so happy to hear you did the right thing and acted responsibily in having some Fluid removed. You certainly do not want to do damage to yourself or your band regardless of the weight loss. I hope you start feeling back to your normal self and find foods that work well for you with your new current fill level ;)

Sensy -

So glad you got a slight unfill. But PLEASE - your stomach is undoubtedly irritated and swollen from the last two weeks - do liquids for a few days to let it recuperate - don't try to eat solids right now. I personally would do at least three days of full liquids before trying to eat anything solid, and then I would move to mushies for a few days. Anyone who has dealt with chronic over-restriction can attest to the fact that once the vicious cycle of stomach swelling starts it can be very difficult to end it. Two weeks is a very long time to struggle with being as tight as you were. Take it super easy, or you may end up having to have more, if not all, of your fill removed.

So glad you got relief, Sensy! Donali is right (as usual), be extra-good to yourself for the next week or so. Think of it as sort of healing all over again. Take care!

That too tight is much worse than the no restriction. I can relate, I can do liquids fine and soggy cheerios, but any solids and it's gonna come back. Thanks for all the posts above, just because I've been banded 4 months sure doesn't mean you know it all. I'll be doing totally liquids for quite a few days. I just want to go 1 day with out the "slime".

Hey Sensy. I'm SO glad you had some Fluid removed. Been there, done that. I was getting worried about you. I totally agree with Donali, PLEASE take it easy. Also, when it happened to me, I was told to take Pepsid AC for about 1 week. The pills are real small. Give it time, take it real slow, and you'll do fine.

Karen