Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought a bike!

I hope my fat ass doesn't demolish it while I'm trying to go down the road. What IS the weight limit for those things? I just got a cheapie at Wal-Mart since I have a history of not following through on stuff. This way I figure I can just give it to my daughter when I either a) admit I never ride it or :tongue: ride it so much I decide I need a nicer one.

Anyway, it's of course been cold and rainy since I brought it home so I haven't even been on a test run.

There's a great bike trail near my house, I can even ride TO it. Heaven knows I need some time away from the house/kids. I really have no good excuse.

Do I remember how to ride? Is it... like riding a bike? :biggrin:

How cool for you! I've often wondered if I could honestly remember how to ride a bike if I tried one again. It would be fun to find out but I'm nowhere near ready to actually buy one just to see. =)

You rock!!

The weight limit is pretty generous, but keep your bike pump handy! I've always enjoyed bike riding with my hubby and boys, even at my heaviest (although we could only make it a mile at most before I would run out of breath, and my tires would need to be re-inflated due to the stress of carrying my 280-something self)

I actually enjoy bike riding as exercise because it's something the family can do together and it is fairly easy on the joints. But take it easy on the first few rides as it can be tough on the girly parts while you're getting used to the seat!

Gee thanks Becca, I think my girly parts just winced after reading your post. I didn't even know they could do that.

I did buy a fatty seat, so I'm hoping it's gentler on my girly parts (see my other thread for why... =D)

:smile2: You go girl!!! :tongue:

hey angie

good for you!

i just completed my first MS150 here in texas. i know what you mean. when i bought my bike i was wondering if i would do it.

but every state has organized rides. also i joined a cycle team. and there are every level of cyclists on them. not just lance armstrong types. these things helped me to feel more committed to it and i am having a blast

good luck with your bike

One day i was cleaning the shed and saw my daughters bike there and wondered if I could still remember how to ride. Took it out, filled the tires and got on in the driveway. Ran into the house once - nice scrape on me - ran into the truck once- nice scratch n it - and away i went. I am now hooked. Ended up buying a Walmart bike for me and my DH rides my daughters bike. We started last fall, gave it up for the winter and just started again. I am totally addicted! We ride every day that it is above 40. We have trails everywhere here and after i get rid of my winter stiffness ( even tho i did excersize) we plan on trying as many as we can. I love being out on the trails! The biggest problem is other bikers and we have a lot of them here.

I like my bike also, I have one from a bike store though it is new but it is over two years old. You know what that means it sat for two years in the garage now this past summer I have been riding it and I do like it. I have not the last few weeks but for awhile everyday I was on it. I am finding excuses but now things are slowing down vacation over kids back in school and so on. So I will ride my bike tonight if only for a few miles. Mine does have a bigger seat, I am a bigger person I choose not to call it a fatty seat, my fatty part is my belly and it rides well on my things. Anway I love reading some of these forums and hope to make friends. I have been on this band wagon by my self for a few years and know that I need the support and help of others.

Thanks ladies

I have periodically lurked on the "bycyling" thread in the fitness area, but man oh man those guys seems so hard core. I too have thought about getting a bike and giving it a ride (or it, me) but haven't ventured into a store. I rationalize this as making a sound fiscal decision rather than avoiding physical exercise!! And now with winter fast approaching (and I live where there is snow) it mayn't be the best time...

What'cha all think?