Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet starts tomorrow.....

lol, that's what I thought "if I can follow a diet, the I don't need hte band!"... but after you have surgery, you'll be surprised how easy it is to keep to the diet (especially when you start dropping weight like crazy), and you know it'll be soo bad for you if you eat something you shouldn't.

But then again, I'm talking about the post op diet and I wasn't on any pre op diet :-)...

let me brag just a little more... I wasn't on a pre-op diet :-)

Kathy, do you know when surgery will be yet?

I got turned down by the insurance,,,,so, im looking into another avenue,,,,and i have all toes and fingers crossed!

Aw Mary! I'm sorry you got denied. Any chance of appeal? I'll cross all of mine for you too.:crying: Good luck!

I haven't been notified about what my insurance said yet. So still waiting by the phone!:cry_smile: It has only been a week though, so I guess I really don't have any right to be impatient yet. But I just can't help it!!:biggrin:

I heard through a grapevine that the Arkansas Rehabilitation Services have paid for others to have weight loss surgery. I have spoken to 2 that testified to this. I have made application to the org. They get new money to work with in July, so I know I am in for a wait. They will as an alternative send me to our local University Hospital for a weight loss program there. They have the suppliments and such,,,,,But I am almost sure that I cant stay on that without the restriction of the lapband.

Hubby and I are headed out to got yardsaleing......Have a super Saturday.....Come to arkansas and come to church with me tomorrow.

Tha would be good if you could get an agency like that to help you. If they put you in the other program, keep in mind that may be part of their approval process, just like an insurance company making someone go through 6 months on a doctor supervised diet before they can receive approval. Do the best you can with it and see what happens.

Have fun yard sale-ing. Hope you find lots of treasures!

Four....yes F-O-U-R days until surgery!!!!!! I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa to come! It's coming up quickly now(FINALLY) and I think I am totally ready...BTW, down 9 lbs!

You will do fine, just keep your goal in mind. I too felt that it would be just awful, granted it was unpleasant, but not awful. The pride you will feel in the end will make it worth while, I promise. Good Luck.

Hello,

This my first time here. My surgery is tomorrow April 21st at 9:30 am.

My doctor had me on a high Protein, low carb diet until 2 days before my surgery and then 2 days of Clear liquids. I am allowed Water, diet zero caloire and zero carb liquids. sugar free jellow, sugar free popsicles, crystal ligth, propel, bouillon (low salt), and no calorie liquids like coffee and unsweatened tea. It has been easier than I thought, but I am cranky and making 100 trips to the restroom. My doctor showed me pictures of what happens to the liver if it doesn't shrink. Not a pretty sight.:thumbup: My insurance company required 6mths with the doctor before being approved. I have lost 35lbs already. :rolleyes:

I've been on this liquid diet for two weeks now, and I was told that the reason that I need to be on it is because it shrinks your liver. Well, my question is, is that how do you know that your liver is shrinking? What if I get to my surgery day and find out that my liver hasn't shrunk? Also, this weekend I was baking brownies for my dad to take up to his work, and I had a mini sliver of it, does that ruin it? Just wondering...........

Nesser - I think you're doing great and no, your sliver of a brownie shouldn't hurt a thing. Although, I have to say that I am very impressed that you could eat just a sliver...if I tasted them, I might just taste them all!!!!

Hi All!

I am scheduled April 30th and am supposed to begin my pre op diet tomorrow.

I swear, I am going to go back to school and become a dietitian. I had my pre op appointment last week and she told me to start the liquid diet "around the 22nd, a week b-4 surgery". She was not entirely clear about it and the whole day was alot of info to absorb. So I called today, b/c if I start on the 22nd, it would be 9 days, but a week is 7 days, and you know - PLEASE, DON'T MESS WITH A FAT GIRLS EATING!! If I did 9 days, and found out I had to do it for only 7, well that would be tragic!

When I called today, she said I should be on it for 10 days & to start today! I still need to go to the grocery store!!

So, I think I would like to go to school & become a dietitian, so I can get a job at a weight loss clinic to advise people like me! Because I get it!

Any way, here is my pre op diet:

4 Protein drinks daily

Include 6 servings per day from the following:

1 cup Tomato or v-8 juice

1/2 cup hot Cereal

1 cup sugar free pudding

6 ounces low-sugar yogurt

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

fat free raw vegtables

Water or sugar free beverages as needed

HMMMM... the hot Cereal would include warming up some coco krispies?? I could handle that haha!!

Oh, I hope I can do this! I am so glad that others feel the same!! and are being successful too! it is so encouraging! Everytime I have doubts I come to this web site ! I love it too!

good luck to all! :rolleyes2:

Hi All!

I am scheduled April 30th and am supposed to begin my pre op diet tomorrow.

I swear, I am going to go back to school and become a dietitian. I had my pre op appointment last week and she told me to start the liquid diet "around the 22nd, a week b-4 surgery". She was not entirely clear about it and the whole day was alot of info to absorb. So I called today, b/c if I start on the 22nd, it would be 9 days, but a week is 7 days, and you know - PLEASE, DON'T MESS WITH A FAT GIRLS EATING!! If I did 9 days, and found out I had to do it for only 7, well that would be tragic!

When I called today, she said I should be on it for 10 days & to start today! I still need to go to the grocery store!!

So, I think I would like to go to school & become a dietitian, so I can get a job at a weight loss clinic to advise people like me! Because I get it!

Any way, here is my pre op diet:

4 Protein drinks daily

Include 6 servings per day from the following:

1 cup Tomato or v-8 juice

1/2 cup hot cereal

1 cup sugar free pudding

6 ounces low-sugar yogurt

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

fat free raw vegtables

Water or sugar free beverages as needed

HMMMM... the hot cereal would include warming up some coco krispies?? I could handle that haha!!

Oh, I hope I can do this! I am so glad that others feel the same!! and are being successful too! it is so encouraging! Everytime I have doubts I come to this web site ! I love it too!

good luck to all! :rolleyes2:

You have it easy with all that food to eat..All I could eat was 3 slim fast or advantage drinks a day, broth, SF Jello and SF popcilles..That's IT!!! For 12 days..I WENT NUTS!!! So I am glad that others have more of a food choice then I did...Good LUck everyone!!

Kristy