Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It makes me feel so much less alone knowing that everyone is feeling the same thoughts. I love that someone mentioned that it's like getting married...you know its a good thing, but you just start getting cold feet!

Angel, I'm so excited that we've got the same surgery date and that you're so closeby. I don't have a lot of people in my life who know about the surgery, so it comforts me to know there's someone else who will be healing with me!

The support of this board means so much to me...it's such a unique circumstance we're all going through, it's great to have people to lean on.

Hi everyone, My surgery date is May 1st. Anybody else having it done on the same day? I am so nervous about the whole thing. I am currently living with my parents since my husband died in december. They always have the most wonderful foods, and I will be forced to be around the sights and smells of delicious food constantly. I am worried that I wont be able to resist. I am working on getting a place of my own by the end of summer, but what about the months in between? My Mom is supposed to have gastric bypass by the end of may or early june, so hopefully when she does, the food temptations can be cut way back.

I am currently on my two week pre-op diet and I am dying to go eat the donuts that are sitting on the counter tempting me. (sigh)

I would love to chat with any of you for support.

Valerie

Mississippi Gulf Coast

Band Date May 1, 2008

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wIhCamh/weight.png[/img]

[/url]

You're mom's having gastric by-pass soon? I see this a wonderful time for you both to start supporting each other. This will also help you with your loss. A new beginning for both of you...how exciting!!!!!

I would grab your mom, throw away those doughnuts together, clean out rest of cabinets...grab your purses and go grocery shopping. I wouldn't even make a list, but you two could go and spedn time together just looking at all the new "healthy" stuff that's on the shelves, stock up on the good stuff (things that will last until after surgery)...oh, and get some pampering stuff meaning to include new measuring cups, gas-x strips, stool softeneners, lotions. Make the best time of this to help you BOTH to get started and concentrated on this new walk of life!!!

I send many blessings your way, and welcome to the LB forums!!!!

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I know, my Mom and I should be preparing for this together, but since she is still at least a month out, she is on this "last supper" kind of mentality...I don't know if you have read that thread, but it is so true for her. I would love to have more support, but I have to face the fact that it just isn't going to happen. :tongue_smilie:

However, the good news is that I did not have a single donut off of that counter... I resisted and survived....:lol: YAY ME!!!