Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date is getting close, April, 15, can't wait:cool2:

Yep I bet you are excited and a bit nervous. Just 4 more days.

Do you have all your stuff - liquid tyenol - gas x strips - Protein powder - popcicles - Soups (if you are allowed).

Thank You, will be shopping this weekend.

I see you have done Great!!!!, any tips or temtations that I should be aware of?

Thank You, will be shopping this weekend.

I see you have done Great!!!!, any tips or temtations that I should be aware of?

1st are you staying overnight in the hospital?? I did - ended up an extra night cuz when the doc came at 1 the day after surgery - I was having major gas in the shoulder pain and was afraid to go home in that kind of pain (me & vicoden don't get along well) and it's just me and my grandson (16 at the time) the pain shots put me to sleep - so he said I could stay and they gave me a shot at 1:30 and truly I could have gone home that night if I was thinking - I was good by day 3 and back to work day 6 (desk job) Still would have a little gas but the strips helped - walked a little hunched over when I first got up but once moving did good -

Whats your doc orders for eating after you get home - I had to do full liquids (incls cream Soups - yogurt - pudding) for 10 days then mushies for 10 and soft for 10 then regular.

Home made stuff is better than canned - Low fat - sugar free - The creamed soups saved me.

Secret - to my success so far - is that I have my MIND totally into this band - I eat healthy 98% of the time - I allow treats 2% of the time - I weighed my food in the beginning until I learned what 4 oz of meat/fish looked like - I got this little one cup bowl from target that I use to eat from and I eat off sandwich plates and use condiment fork & spoon - I keep a food diary and count calories and Protein grams - I try to keep my calories between 900 - 1200 a day - and if I want a treat - I budget those calories into my daily totals. I primarily eat baked fish for dinner every nite - with 1/2 c rice and veggies - I may eat out once or twice every two weeks

I go to the gym anywhere from 3 -5 times a week - I started out just walking on the treadmill for like 30 minute mile with no incline - I am now walking 3 miles in 1 hrs on an incline of 4 to 6 - and with no incline I am doing 3.5 in 1 hr - I can walk a whole song on 4.o speed..

I got a trainer a month ago - so I now work weights twice a week and the other days I do cardio.

This is a lifetime lifestyle change for me - I am totally serious about losing this weight - to me have major surgery is a big frickin deal - and I didn't have it just to mess it up... I am not that big of a fool.. I am using my tool - but that's all it is - it's just a tool - the band it's self will not cause you to lose weight as you can eat around it if you choose (I was just told about a lady who ate Oreo's & milk like 5 days out - How incredibility asinine)

The band does require will power - the will power to eat healthy to follow your doc's orders and to exercise. If I as a middle age lady who has been fat most of her life - and was a total slug bug and do this anyone can.

Don't get me wrong - it's not always a walk in the park - but I can tell you that I feel 10 yrs younger - feel so much better about myself and LOVE shopping in the regular stores - got a size 6 pair of pants today (this is a fluke cuz I am normally a 10 or 12) but they say 6 and I am going to wear them inside out.:lol::lol::lol:

Those are my secrets - I think positively - Do I miss the junk - ya sometimes - but not that much and now a days if I want a treat I can have it - 1/2 piece of cake even a whole piece - NO LONGER THE WHOLE CAKE :sneaky: But usually my sweets are sugar free fudgecicles - sf pudding - sf yogurts - or fruit...

Bander's Rules -Small bites - eat slow - chew chew chew

Edited by IndioGirl55
forgot something