Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kathy's 10 Day Countdown Thread

Kathy, I have the same worry about Mexico. I mean how horrible if I were to die in Mexico, specially since only 1 person knows I am going. How would my family react, what about my daughter? But lets look at all the people here who have been banded there and lived to post and post and post and post in this addictive website. Besides, we have chosen a great doctor, and I was told that he has NEVER had 1 death yet! Im sure we should be more worried about sticking to our liquid diets, yuck!

I am soooo x-cited 4 u!!!!!!!!!! *****singing in Mexican rythem*****Kathy's getting banded, Kathy's getting banded

Kathyyyyyyyyyyy, another day gone! Closing in nowwwww! Everybody say heyyyyyyy ((heyyyyyyy)) every body say hoooooooo ((hoooooooo)) Now wave your hands in the airrrrrrrr, jump around like ya just don't careeeeeeee!

((still doing my booty shaking dance for Kathy))

:nervous

shake it Princess!!!! I'm so POOCHIN'! This is really surreal. Tomorrow is my last full day at home, so I will be busy preparing the last minute stuff. I have everything, just not in one place. My sister came over tonight and we verbally processed the trip, very helpful, and took our Before and After pics (she's not betting banded, but we got hers out of the way, just in case). I may get those posted before I go, if they turn out okay...I need to send them from my phone to the puter and see what they look like! I also got bare belly shots, ewwww. Still need to take measurements.

Thanks everbody for being so nice and supportive!!!

Hey, Sue, I'm adding you to the April 2005 Bandsters thread under Support...check it out, post #20! Good luck!

Kathy, I have the same worry about Mexico. I mean how horrible if I were to die in Mexico, specially since only 1 person knows I am going. How would my family react, what about my daughter? But lets look at all the people here who have been banded there and lived to post and post and post and post in this addictive website. Besides, we have chosen a great doctor, and I was told that he has NEVER had 1 death yet! Im sure we should be more worried about sticking to our liquid diets, yuck!

I am soooo x-cited 4 u!!!!!!!!!! *****singing in Mexican rythem*****Kathy's getting banded, Kathy's getting banded

You crack me up Bandit, singing Mexican!

I am counting on coming back like everyone else, and it's so good to see everyone go and come back, and go and come back. I was told, too, that Kuri reports NO deaths or SERIOUS complications, I guess that means during surgery. I also know this is Mexico and may or may not be true. Who knows for sure? Do you think he'd tell? Maybe not. On the other hand, I have read enough here to know that the likelyhood of there being a problem for me is fairly small, based on his experience as a band surgeon and the reports of happy bandsters that went to Kuri. I feel certain that if there was a real risk of Kuri being a dishonest schmo or a poor band surgeon, SOMETHING would pop up on here at some point (other than DeLarla's poor port repair, which I do NOT dismiss as unimportant or irrelevant, because it IS important and relevant, BUT it was an infectious wound issue, not a band placement) SO, I think we are in good hands. I won't be able to stop being concerned until I leave Mexico a happily banded girl. I simply cannot WAIT to be relieved. I am more excited about being relieved that I didn't die than I am about actually being banded...which kind of spoils my excitement a little but...my hubby, my kids...you know.

I hope this dumb ole thread helps someone in the future. I will post here when I return so that future readers will know the outcome. And know they aren't alone in their anxiety and fears.

I just love all of you!

Kathy, you will come back from Mexico and with your little friend, the lapband! Your family will be waiting for you with open arms. Dodge those little knees and elbows! (((Hugs))) and prayers for a successful surgery and minimun pain recovery. Can't wait to hear your story!

Dodge those little knees and elbows!

**DEFINATELY**

This may be hard to do, but you MUST be careful!! Good luck girl, were praying for you!

10,9,8,7..blah, blah, 1, BLASTOFF!!!! Off I go in the morning!!!

Thanks, everyone, for your well-wishes and prayers. And for listening to me ramble my stress away. I'm getting BANDED!!! It's wierd, like it's happening to someone else. I will post as soon as I can when I return Sat evening. Signing Off. :)

Love,

Kathy

Kathy your big day has finally made it !!!! You are goingto be a bandster. I'm so excited for you and I know you will do wonderful!!! Post when you can !!!! Good luck and i hope the pee pee man helped with all the excitment!!! GO GET THAT BAND GIRL!!!!!!!

Yeah, Kathy!! Now, remember you can't be out-of-pocket for very long because no one else knows how to run this complicated thread. Just Kathy! So we need you back at your post ASAP. (((Hugs))) sweet girl for a smooth surgery and painless recovery. Can't wait to hear your story.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH U leave tomarrow!!!! O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((LUV))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((PRAYERS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Im so happy 4 u and cant wait to talk to u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I'm having post surgery jitters also. I get banded April 21 and can hardly wait. My doctor has me only drinking Optifast for 2 weeks prior and I'm starving!!!! Give me some advice.

Hey Sue, I didn't have to do the liquid diet pre-surgery (thank GOD!) but a gal I had surgery with had to, and she said days 3-4 were the worst...then it got better, and by surgery day, she was fine with it, although dissappointed not to have one last "real meal" before surgery. Maybe do a Search on "liquid diet" and see what posts pop up, you may find some good advice there...good luck! It will be here before you know it! Ssurgery day really does come like a train...don't be discouraged!