Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kathy's 10 Day Countdown Thread

Okay, I just need a place to post thoughts and lists and "nerval" musings and it's 10 days to my surgery date, the last place I need to be is on this dumb ole computer...grrrr...but I need you guys!!!! SO, I am changing my avatar temporarily to Jammin Jamie's little pee-pee dancer man (if I can FIND it!!) just because I'm getting really excited. I'll go get back my pretty "Blossom-y" wreath I share with Hopefull when I get back. Ya'll don't have to cheer me on just yet, I'll just journal my pre-op jitters away...Here goes!!!!!!!!! WoooooooHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

10 days will be here you know it! I'm so excited for you. It was this time last year I was feeling the exact same way. What is the date of your surgery, April 7th?

April 8th, Friday, I leave on Thu the 7th. And the pee pee dancer man avatar is on page 18...good thing I started looking on page 20 and went down, not up.

I need pajamas...a gown, I guess. I just thought of this last night when I put on my pajama shorts and top...probably want to get a gown, right? Got the comfy sports bra (I simply cannot go braless, even though I don't care, I'm just not comfortable with the girls swingin around...I have to attempt a bra and will wear that if I can) and I need new slippers for when I get home. I'm leaving these old worn out ones in the trash when I'm done with them in Mexico. I got out my heating pad and it's pretty big, so I won't replace it but I do need to find an 8ft cord to take with. Got my good ole slip on shoes for the airport/plane ride home on Sat. And comfy clothes, too. Can be worn commando-style, if needed, and probably will be needed.

I looked for liquid Gas-X but couldn't find...need to check Wal-Mart.

Still need to go to the bank next week to get my cashiers check for the balance of my surgery cost. And get a little cash with small bills for tipping, etc. My sister's SO is taking us to and from the airport...need to confirm...and need to buy a MX phone card at Wal-Mart. I only need maybe 30 min of calls so my sister can call home easily without walking to a kiosk/long distance phone store.

Need to confirm my sisters Friday afternoon Spa Massage, I got my pedicure and manicure, hair trimmed, eyebrows waxed, and will shave legs and pits Wed and put that on the back burner for a few days after surgery.

Hmmm, will journal more later. Right now I'll go catch up the laundry...

Kathy,

We want pictures!!! We want pictures!!! We want pictures!!!

Come on girl, youre a regular now... we want pictures!

10 days... gosh thats just a little over a week away. woo hoo... its getting close. BTW, where are you going for aftercare?

The best way to calm those nerves is to post and post and post! :)

You might be sorry you said that! I have to admit, this is helping...

Need: Before pics and a good bare tummy front and side set of pics for the inevitable Tummy Tuck.

Need: Confirmation for my plane tickets...they took my reservations and my money, now what? Need to call USAirways...

I have not taken two pieces of advice. First advice was to wait a day before travelling...Dr Kuri's package includes an extra night at the hotel if I want it (in my case, this would be Sat night for me and sis) but I went ahead and scheduled my flight for Sat, after getting out of the hospital Sat morning. I want to come home!!! I hope I don't regret that.

The other advice I did not follow (and it's not too late to change this) is to have my sister stay at the hospital with me Friday night. We would get our own room: Good. Bad part, not staying with my group. I know of one gal here (Chris) and her sister who are getting banded by Kuri the same day. It would be nice to have their company too that night. After what Princess went through, I tend to want my sister there with me...hmmm. I may change my mind about that. Christie if fine either way.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Kathy,

We want pictures!!! We want pictures!!! We want pictures!!!

Come on girl, youre a regular now... we want pictures!

10 days... gosh thats just a little over a week away. woo hoo... its getting close. BTW, where are you going for aftercare?

Oh, I'll do it, okay, I will...(the pictures) I promise. After care is Dr Roberto Gonzalez in Winston Salem, NC, just a quick hour+ up the road. He sees Mx Bandsters and provides fills, etc. Just in case someone needs him, he's at the Surgical Weight Loss Center (336) 784-8299. I called, he wants my OR papers and X-ray from Kuri and want to see me 4-6 weeks post-op, unless I need to see him sooner (hope not).

WOW you are getting everything in order. I also looked for liquid Gas-X and didnt find it.. I found chewables though. And that was at Wal-Mart! Woohoo 10days wow thats just around the corner Just like Betty said post post post!!! We are all here for you!!

man i sure dont have it together like you!!! thank god im only going 15 mins from my house or I would cry.

lets see.. i dont have anything ready LOL its all still kinda not real in my head even though I go in on the 5th for pre-op stuff.

ooooooooooooooo yer doing sooo much better than me!! Good job! (share some of your organization with me.. i swear i wont mind!) hehe

Katie, you are so funny! I started this cuz I felt so Un-organized! You ALL are making me feel better. I do admit that the travel part of my Band journey does add some good ole stress...it would be nice to stay closer to home but it would cost me another 5-10 grand...I can afford the stress, HA!

Got my plane ticket reciepts, e-mailed Sylvia at Kuri's, just to check in, and finally mailed my Medical Questionnaire, which had been hanging around waiting for my new RX (Singulaire) so I could add it and have a completely up to date form.

Next, take my Mother-in-Law and the kids out for lunch (Spring Break for my Kindergartener) and to run errands. May do Wal-Mart today unless the kids fall apart and little bit (age 2) needs a nap "now" and not later. Know what, me and daughter will go together to Wal-Mart tonight...just the girls. Funner. (Remember Legally Blonde? "Oh Warner, it'll be JUST like Senior Year, only FUNNER!") Crack me up.

Warning to all who have posted on this thread...you may want to Unsubscribe, or you'll get numerous e-mail messages for posts here, by me, no doubt. Don't let all this aggravate you. It's really helping me and unless you are just easily amused, it might be best to "unsubscribe" I won't be offended...just check in occasionally...

Kathy You have every right to be this excited.I am so excited for you. I'm glad the little pee pee man is helping get out all that pre surgery jitters.

You sound like you are so ready for this and I know you will do great. I wore a sports bra for the entire week after my band surgery and it was wonderful!

Sounds like you got everything ready to go . It won't be long and you will be in band land!!!!!!

I can hear the excitement in your post! :) You might want to consider staying over the one night, just in case something needs attention. It would probably be more comfortable traveling the next day too! It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Hey, I bet you have your bags packed already don't you? :) Just kidding ya!

Post on Missy!

You might want to consider staying over the one night, just in case something needs attention. It would probably be more comfortable traveling the next day too! It's always better to be safe than sorry.

I agree with Betty. The afternoon/night after surgery I didnt feel like doing anything else but sleep and rest. Didnt have much energy to walk either... just kinda weak feeling.

But the next morning I felt like a different person. NEVER regetted staying that night.

Okay, clarification: I have my surgery Friday morning, and must stay in the hospital overnight Friday night, then I'm released Sat morning, if all goes well. My plane leaves San Diego at 1:03pm Saturday. Home by 8:30pm.

Does that sound okay? Dr Kuri will pay for Sat night in the hotel in TJ for me and sis if I want to stay, but then again, I went ahead and scheduled my flight for Sat afternoon. It's an exhausting day, but do-able, I think. ??? I want to be home...AND in the U.S.!

As long as you are spending the night you should know if you are having any problems. Just make sure you can get your liquids down before you leave. I know what you mean, there's no place like home! :)