Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freaking apple!

To all apples: UP YOURS!

I am having a bit of a low blood sugar episode, 72, so not too horrible, but I do have the shakes, so.........trying to make better food choices, instead of eating candy or drinking sugary fruit juice, I decided to have an apple. Or at least part of an apple. I get a few bites into it, and now I'm stuck as hell.

To top it off, my sugar still hasn't come back up yet, and I can't eat or drink anything yet. :frown:

Awwww, I'm sorry you are having apple issues! That is one food that I honestly can say I have to stay away from! It happens to me everytime even if I peel off the skin.

I'm glad I have no diabetes issues, the hubby does and it sucks! Can't you take one of those chewable tablet things they sell at the drug stores? They probably taste like shit but will at least go down.

Good luck!!!

Kel

Yeah, I COULD, but that's totally empty calories, and honestly, as long as I HAVE to have something, it might as well multi-task for me. I have eaten several apples even with the skin before, and I've not had that problem until this time. I think in my haste to bring up my sugar level, I didn't chew well enough.

Thank goodness that's over! Maybe next time I'll stick with yogurt or something.

When I saw the title to the thread, I thought you were angry at the computer!! :thumbup:
So did I. I thought there was another Apple-hater around, and I wouldn't be alone anymore! Wah!

:redface: I'm totally cracking up. Sorry you got stuck, that's painful. I have to peel my apples now, since my last fill, or else chew chew chew then spit out the peel. So fun. :rolleyes:

So did I. I thought there was another Apple-hater around, and I wouldn't be alone anymore! Wah!

Ooooo, I don't like apples, either. Ate too many of them as a kid. I do like Yellow Delicious, but no other ones than that.

Oh, Apple-as in Mac? I love them, or I used to, but we are currently a Mac-free house.:)

So you aren't stuck anymore? It's horrible when something is stuck and stays stuck for a long time.

Thank heavens, no, I'm not stuck anymore. The longest I've ever had anything stuck was about 15 minutes. And those were 15 minutes of hell, I can't imagine having that go on for hours, or even longer...

Hell, I was in a panic and though you were all saying frickin this and frickin that about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Silly girl, it's not all about YOU, it's always all about ME! LOL!

Happy to hear the frickin apples is now unstuck. Have a friend who had bypass surgery about six years ago. Got an apple stuck a few weeks ago. Ended up in the emergency room and dr. had to retrieve it. Not a happy day for her.

Off subject....she has now gained over half of her weight back. She is just beside herself after going through everything that she did. She's at the point where she is very sorry she had it done.