Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Daly Anyone?

Hi! I am brand new to this site. I was happy to see a local board about this for support! I'm 36 and the mom to twins. I wish I had joined my local twins club before they came so I know that it's important to join LBT before I get banded.

I have been going back and forth on the Lap Band for over a year now and FINALLY made the decision to go for it. I had even done my consult, pre-surgery tests and saw the nutritionist last year and then due to insurance/my own anxiety I let it go. Like most of you, I realized this was just dumb on my part and I want(& need) a better life for myself & family. I am planning to go with Dr. John Daly and just wanted to know if anyone else has gone to him. I was very comfortable at my consult but like with everything else, I have to do my research. I'm hoping to have the surgery in June (self pay so no need to worry about all the insurance hassles I dealt with last year). Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by gardengrl

I was banded on 4/18/08 by Dr. Daly at the Health South Facility. I am self pay and this was a lot cheaper than going to Northside. It was a great! You don't see him much but I have talked to many of his paients and am pleased with my decision.

How much does Dr. Daly charge for self pay? I am starting the self pay process myself and I am shopping around. Any advice would be great. Thanks! :blush:

I shopped around too but mostly for a Dr. I liked that also had a good record with this surgery. The difference in price is I did not have it done in a hospital and it was out paient. I was in good health and it worked out great. Dr. daly has informational meetings at Northside. I did not go to those, I met with him in his office on the referal of one of my other Dr.'s. the whole process only took a month.

Amy

Thanks, Amy! You sound a lot like me with the referrals (he was recommended by my OB), self pay, etc. I am meeting with him again next week to go over all my pre-test results and hoping that he gives the ok for the surgical center over the hospital. So far all my tests have been fine (according to my PCP). I am getting pretty excited about it! When did you have your surgery?

I had my surgery on 4/17/08. I was home by 1pm that afternoon. The surgery center was excellent. My OB refered him as well. I have lost 18 lbs and I feel better than ever. I went back to work the following Monday,but I have an easy job in a law firm.My sister had the surgery the week after and her kids are still babies so she had to have some help with them, lifting and carrying them but she is fine now. I am type II diabetic and have almost gotten off all my medication. I did not and still do not eat very much and should be getting more protien. Learning what to eat is the hardest part.

You will be sore for about a week and the gas was stuck in my back, I walked a lot right a way. I guess that helped??

Good luck and keep me posted. Where do you live? I am in Cumming.

Amy