Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introducing myself

Hi Everyone

Im being banded tomorrow at Knox and I am so excited.:wub: A little nervous.:lol:

I've been on Celebrity Slim(Threw up the Opti-crud) since christmas and have lost 18.5kgs

Still have another 45 to go and I know the band will help me with that!

I just found this forum last night. I am a member on another Aussie forum but find it very hard to read, this one is heaps better.

Anyway I wanted to say Hi and hope to meet other Aussie Banders and maybe a few local ones too.

I'm Cazz, Im 33 and Married to a fantastic Man for almost 11 years now.

Been overweight my whole post pubescent life. We've been trying to have a baby for longer than we have been married, done IVF and other fertility treatments and have had 5 natural pregnancies and 5 treatment related pregnacies. Sadly none of these have resulted in a live birth and this is one of the reasons I am getting banded. Its the last obstical to clear to see what reason I have for miscarrying all the time.

I do have other reasons like my health and wanting to wear nice clothes and being able to do more etc etc but this one is a main reason.

Anyway enough about me. I hope to get to kow some of you better.

Cazz:unsure:

Hi Cazz. Good luck. I got banded yesterday, and I feel like it all went very well - I'm home already and managing to get my liquids down very easily.

I'm starting at 136kgs - have been going up and down from 125kgs to 135 kgs for many, many years. I've a lovely man in my life who loves me no matter what - no kids (I think I missed the maternal gene)

Hope this helps you with the baby making :-)

Hi Cazz. Good luck. I got banded yesterday, and I feel like it all went very well - I'm home already and managing to get my liquids down very easily.

I'm starting at 136kgs - have been going up and down from 125kgs to 135 kgs for many, many years. I've a lovely man in my life who loves me no matter what - no kids (I think I missed the maternal gene)

Hope this helps you with the baby making :-)

I think we could be triplets!

Starting weight 132, current 126 post op 10 days.

been trying to have kids for over 18 months, think the weight is the main obstacle (although I too don't really have a stong maternal gene).

and I also have a great guy who loves me fat or thin, just wants me happy (because as you know if we are not happy they are not happy)

Cazz good luck with the surgery! just take it slow.

keep us posted of your progress

Hi again

Back from surgery. Ended up staying 2 nights as I had a small throat infection from the tube down my throat.

Im pretty sore but coping now. Managing to get the fluids down although I have not been hungry at all yet.

I know I still have to eat but its very scary every time something goes in my mouth!

Going back to rest now

Would love to keep in touch with you all

Cazz

Hi Cazz,

Glad you are home and on the road to recovery. Shame about the throat infection and having to stay 2 nights in hospital - but at the end of the day its better to stay in hospital and be looked after.

It really does get easier every day. You are just 2 days behind me - I just got back from a walk to the shops, where I bought some nice Velish curried pumpkin Soup - I'll thin it out a bit with stock. I sat and had a Decaf coffee. I had no appetite either until last night - now the stock is just not satisfying enough.

Hang in there !!!