Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded 3 days ago

Hello everyone!! I am so excited, my surgery was on Friday...already I've lost 10 lbs, and not hungry....it is truly amazing. I wasn't feeling too well last night, I think I took in way too few calories and over exerted my self a little, live and learn..this is going to be a completely new learning experience. I haven't told hardly anyone because my boss was very negative when I told her, so for now I'm keeping it to myself. I'd love to hear about everyone's initial experiences.:regular_smile:

Hi, it sounds like you are off to a good start! I had my surgery April 3rd and I am doing fine. I still experience some gas pains in my shoulder but when I walk they go away. Remember to drink all your liquids and you will feel better. I found that when I did not drink all my liquids that I was a little lightheaded. I have five more days to relax and then I go back to work and my follow up appt. with my surgeon. Good Luck!

It looks like we are all in the same boat here. I was banded on April 3rd but I'm not sure how much weight I've lost because I don't have a scale just yet. Fortunately for me I've not had the gas pains from the surgery but I have noticed that if I don't drink a fair amount of liquids every hour I get lightheaded. I'm also weening off my pain meds which I take is a good sign.

Does anyone know about how many calories a day we are expected to consume in the first week? I don't want to go into starvation mode but at the same time, if I'm not hungry, I'm not going to eat.

It was hard for me to be able to get in all the required Protein in the first week. The surgeon's office told me that was ok and that might happen, when I left the hospital. Gradually, I was able to increase my liquid Protein. I think it took about 10 days before I could get in all the recommended Protein, but each day I was able to drink a little more. The first two weeks, my appetite was just not there.

There can be post op swelling around the band, that can affect our appetite, the swelling goes down in time and appetite goes up.

I got my band on 4/2 and feel the same as all of you. I was a little concerned about having no appetite at all but figured as long as I am takin in fluids it will be fine. Friday and Saturday were the worst 2 days for me, more pain with some nausea, but today was better I actually did some laundry and put the dishes in the dishwasher. I have to work tomorrow so we will see how it goes, I went back Friday but it did not go so good so I am hoping tomorrow will be better. Good luck to all of you-I am so excited about the future.

Hi, I'm a Leelee too. And I graduated in 1977! Get that! Congradutations! I have not told anyone either. I am not really a private person but in this case I am. I feel it is my business. I also know that when someone looses weight people say, wow, she has lost weight. And then some one else will say ya, she had that surgery. Then they say I thought she had that surgery?? Should she have lost more weight than that? She doesn't look like she has lost very much. Believe me I have heard it all. That is what happens when you own a salon. You are doing great keep it up.