Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do with your clothes?

I have a closet full of dry cleaned and ready to wear size 24 and 3X and don't know what to do with them. I am not interested in selling necessarily, just would like to recoup some cost of dry cleaning. Any ideas? I won't keep them in the closet to go back to.:confused2:

The surgery center I use has a clothes swap each month. At my last fill I donated 3 leaf bags of size 12-16's. I've not attended one of these & not sure how they actually operate but I think it's a great Idea for those who are still loosing and don't want to spend a bunch on "transition clothes".

You should sell them on ebay. Plus size clothes sell really well. You could probably make a lot off them. I have been selling on ebay for over a year, and bigger clothes are what sell. You could make enough to buy new clothes!

Although I have alot of casual stuff, most of my clothing consists of business wear/work apparel. I am not banded yet (hoping to be soon) but I already have decieded to donate my business clothing to 'Dress for Sucess". They are a charity that focuses on providing gently used career apparel to women down on their luck and out of work so that they will have something decent to attend job interviews and go to work in.

For the rest of it, is it bad that I want to burn all of the left over stuff that I never want to be able to fit in again???:regular_smile:

Thanks, I will try that. Most of them are professional clothes and I am certain they will sell.

There are several resale shops in our area that would be able to sell them and at the same time you can check for transition duds that will get you to the next level (going down!!). Most of the clothes at issue with me will be casual, as I've been retired for 3+ years and the more professional pieces are now in other hands. One of my friends at my former job shopped resale 2 or 3 times a month, basically exchanged what she had been wearing for something new (to her). Not a weight issue with her - just loved having something new to wear. I worked with her for 8 years and don't remember seeing the same outfit on her twice! and she always looked GREAT! Much as we would like to BURN the old - this sounds like much more fun in the long run, especially as shopping for clothes becomes a fun activity and not just another heart breaking experience. Look for a resale shop that specializes in plus sizes - they are out there. Have fun trying on a smaller size!