Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited from Everett, WA

I will be banded on May 27, 2008 by Dr. Kuri in Mexico. My husband and both of my parents will be banded at the same time. My starting weight is 335 and my BMI is 52. I am looking forward to being reborn! I have had the surgery scheduled for about a month, so I have spent a lot of time learning about what my life will be like and am starting to more seriously put some of the behaviors in place that I will need for the rest of my life to be successful. I am hopeful that with my hard work and the help of the band, I will be much healthier than I am now and can do so many things that I have never been able to do. I have a 5 year old daughter who deserves to have a happy and healthy mom... I deserve that too!

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Congratulations, Kammi. Wow, a true family affair!! That is really awesome because you will all be quite a good support system for each other. Good luck to you and your family!

Congrats on your decision to have the lap band. I was banded on 3-24 and every day feels so much better. You wil have a good support system with everyone going in to have the lap band. Just remember to loose the weight you need to, start now if you have too. The weight loss wil help the doctors to put the lap band around the tummy. They need to be able to lift it off the liver. You probably already know this, but the weight loss starts inside. Your organs start to loose the fat first.

Hi, I'm needing some info. Are these posts so that we can ask questions of participants and get immediate responses or do we need to access a chat room or how does it work. I've posted several comments and feel pretty invisible as tho no one is reading them, yet I receive notices in my email that so and so is responding but I have yet to get one individual response to any of my posts. How does this work and who can help me with the technical aspects of this? I need to be able to have a support group that is workable and understandable to me,. thanks to any of you out there, sufina

Yes, I will go on the liver shrinking diet for two weeks prior to surgery and my doctor says that will get rid of the excess fat on the liver so surgery will be more successful and less complications will occur.... it's similar to a diet I did 5 years ago and was highly successful with... it won't be so hard and I am excited to get on with it.... he doesn't want me to do it longer than 2 weeks though... but I am trying to adapt with other habits that I will need to have for life so it is not such a shock to the body or psyche.

Kammi in Everett, WA

We have an Everett support group that we started last night... you probably already belong to one, but we will be meeting on the first and third Thursdays of the month... let me know by personal email if you would like to be on the mailing list.

Kammi in Everett,

kamicola@yahoo.com

Hi guys, this is Sufina just checking in. Now that I'm scheduled for my banding on 5/7, my whole attitude has changed. I feel so happy and hopeful; I worked out at my health club with a smile on my face today and mostly I guess it's finally feeling that there is a solution. I had felt so depressed and hopeless for so long. It's good to have found a group of you folks who are really going to be very important to me. thanks, sufina

Sufina,

This place I am finding (in the whole two days that I have been on it) will be great support.... my skinny friends don't want to sit around and talk about this stuff with me... they are supportive and will listen, but it is not their life and they can't quite connect.... all of us can.... no matter how overweight we are when we are starting this journey or how fat we have all been at our heaviest.... we have feelings and experiences around our weight and only those that have been though it, can understand. I am still learning how to manuver through this site, but plan on being a part of for my own support and offering it to others as well... I can't promise consistency or every dayness.... but I will be here when I can. Thank you all for helping us all through this!

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico