Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone been banded 18 sept 2007 or near

Hi i was wondering how you are going, any problems, what you eating,how much , how much have you lost - my starting weight was 102 and i have lost 27.7 kilos so far, what has happened how are you going??

I was banded in October of 2007. I have lost around 20 pounds since the beginning of this whole procedure. I feel like I have not lost that much with the band....but my port "Flipped" or was standing up and had to get surgery to get it fixed. I went from December until just last week without getting a fill!

The band for me has definately made eating out less desirable. I do not have the cravings I used to have to eat at fast food restaraunts. How are you doing??

Hi slimmy120:

I was banded on 7/26/07, about two months before you. I lost 38 pounds pre-band, then gained 9 when I was banded, and am now down 119 altogether. Love, love, love my band. It does get harder to lose now than back then. I'm hoping to kick up the exercise some more once this crappy weather is over with.

I hope all is well with you.

Sue

I was banded in October of 2007. I have lost around 20 pounds since the beginning of this whole procedure. I feel like I have not lost that much with the band....but my port "Flipped" or was standing up and had to get surgery to get it fixed. I went from December until just last week without getting a fill!

The band for me has definately made eating out less desirable. I do not have the cravings I used to have to eat at fast food restaraunts. How are you doing??

I have had 4 fills, but now concerned band may have flipped, back to doctors end may, 28 kilos so far since 18 sep 2008. Once you start getting fills makes the difference i think, but gosh have to really motivate self to eat healthy as stop eating so much now.

I think motivation to eat healthy was a major factor for me in the beginning as well! Especially when I was not getting any fills!! Getting over my cravings for the foods I used to eat took getting used to. I can no longer eat anything doughy or bready which thankfully lasted throughout most of the time w/out a fill, but I was eating Nachos like crazy. They have since lost their appeal to me as well as most fast food items.

I am now trying to find things that I like that are healthy for me to eat and that I can eat with ease. What have you found works for you?

I think motivation to eat healthy was a major factor for me in the beginning as well! Especially when I was not getting any fills!! Getting over my cravings for the foods I used to eat took getting used to. I can no longer eat anything doughy or bready which thankfully lasted throughout most of the time w/out a fill, but I was eating Nachos like crazy. They have since lost their appeal to me as well as most fast food items.

I am now trying to find things that I like that are healthy for me to eat and that I can eat with ease. What have you found works for you?

Corn thins are good, and vita wheet 5 grain crisp bread, nuts, boiled eggs, toasted - must be toasted raisin bread or rye bread toasted.

oh forgot to ask how is the weigtloss going so far,you face looks slim in the photo?

Thanks!! I think my face is the only thing that has lost some weight! As long as I don't look down, because then my "double chin shows!" :rolleyes:

Since I got my fill last week I have lost 2 pounds, with a total of 22 pounds so far. My clothes are getting looser which is exciting. I am ready to go down a size. I need to lose A LOT of weight! My goal is to lose around 130 pounds.

I had to do a look up to convert kilos to pounds and it seems you are doing really well. Now that I am able to get fills I am hoping I will start seeing better results. Have you run across any foods that you are unable to eat?

After getting this last fill (finally!!) I have noticed a lot of restriction... I have to eat very carefully to avoid it getting stuck and having to throw up. I am finding there are a lot of things that I cannot eat right now. I wondered briefly if I had an overfill and should get some taken out but after discussing with my husband we decided to leave it as it is.

I am really hoping to see a good weight loss this time. I go back in for another fill in 2 -3 weeks. I will probably wait the full 3 weeks since this one was so tight.

Thanks!! I think my face is the only thing that has lost some weight! As long as I don't look down, because then my "double chin shows!" :rolleyes:

Since I got my fill last week I have lost 2 pounds, with a total of 22 pounds so far. My clothes are getting looser which is exciting. I am ready to go down a size. I need to lose A LOT of weight! My goal is to lose around 130 pounds.

I had to do a look up to convert kilos to pounds and it seems you are doing really well. Now that I am able to get fills I am hoping I will start seeing better results. Have you run across any foods that you are unable to eat?

After getting this last fill (finally!!) I have noticed a lot of restriction... I have to eat very carefully to avoid it getting stuck and having to throw up. I am finding there are a lot of things that I cannot eat right now. I wondered briefly if I had an overfill and should get some taken out but after discussing with my husband we decided to leave it as it is.

I am really hoping to see a good weight loss this time. I go back in for another fill in 2 -3 weeks. I will probably wait the full 3 weeks since this one was so tight.

I find that with boiled or baked potatoes i cannot eat the skin. also i find have terrible pains with spicy or rich rich gravies, normal gravies okay, besides that Pasta, rice etc. okay, and if the sushi - the green outside bit not fresh gets stuck, but if fresh okay, so if not dark green dry lookin go for it. keep use informed, good luck. i have been filled 4 times, the last about 7 or 8 weeks ago, next fill late late may, but 4 fills all up between sep 18 and now, the longest i have been booked to go back is this time which is 3 mnths, last time dr asked me if i wanted a fill and stupid stupid me said just a little, should not have mentioned the little bit to him, because ahh he listened and that is what he did. keep up the weight loss, i used the name slimmy because decided i dont want to be a fatty no more, am in my early 40s and not going to be a fatty, or the biggest in my workplace, like i was the biggest at school, the one when went clubbin noone wanted to dance with, all that has to change. all the very best to you in your journey too.

Hi

I was October, as you can see, and my Doctor is very happy with me - surprised in fact. He thinks I'm "sensible" - if only he knew LOL!

However, 27 k is a LOT for your start weight (I was 103) so you have done amazing stuff - I wouldn't be concerned, and perhaps you need to just have a change of types of food/recipes to kick your tastebuds into "yum" mode again? I know I get a bit habitual -same lunch, same Breakfast - its just easier you?

I recently went on holidays and was amazed at new flavours LOL!

Hi

I was October, as you can see, and my Doctor is very happy with me - surprised in fact. He thinks I'm "sensible" - if only he knew LOL!

However, 27 k is a LOT for your start weight (I was 103) so you have done amazing stuff - I wouldn't be concerned, and perhaps you need to just have a change of types of food/recipes to kick your tastebuds into "yum" mode again? I know I get a bit habitual -same lunch, same Breakfast - its just easier you?

I recently went on holidays and was amazed at new flavours LOL!

Yes i agree, i tend to eat the same things over and over, but then have a craving and start eating that. I am aiming to excercise more, am making certain eat right and drinking Water, will change my routine as you suggested, taste the new bits -- but yes healthy.I tried miso Soup the other day, lovely as i like salty things, and of course previously loved the sweets --- but i did say previously.