Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm new to this site and plan on going to mexico 5/7 for my lapband. I've been googling sites and am a little confused about what the differences are between support groups. Any suggestions? I'd like to find a "home" group. thanks, sufina

I did the same thing you did...looked for a good forum that I could come to for advice...I found a couple on myspace that I joined, and they referred me to this one...This one (imo) is the best...I have yet to see any of the bickering that goes on in other forums, and there is more "traffic" than my myspace spots...I am going to Mexico, too...May 31st is my date...I can't wait to become a loser.

Hi and welcome!! This is a great site for knowledge and support. I ahve been on a few others as well and they just don't seem to have the traffic this one does. More traffic = quicker and more responses to your questions and concerns. Good luck to you and look forward to seeing you around!

trying to set up this site. how do you get the graphics for your time line...yours is flowers and turtle

I am new as well but I found this as I was wondering the same and found the answers in this forum which I posted to my email, here it is:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

How to set up your ticker:

1. Go to Trying To Conceive Ticker

2. Click on weight loss link

3. Select a ticker ruler you like by clicking the option button next to the one you choose and then click NEXT

4. Choose a ticker slider you like by clicking the option button next to your choice and then click NEXT

5. Configure your weight tracker by entering you info and the click NEXT

6. You will see a message on the screen that says Done! Your Ticket URL is: (and then there will be a long string of text starting with Trying To Conceive Ticker.....

7. Click your mouse at the beginning of this text (starting with the h in http and drag over the entire line of text. (make sure you highlight the entire line (URL)

8. Press Ctrl+C (hold these keys down at the same time) to copy the text you have highlighted

9. Go back to www.lapbandtalk.com and click the UserCP link

10. Click the link titled Edit Signature

11. Scroll down to the text box titled edit signature and place your cursor where you want your ticker to go

12. Click the icon called insert image - this is the one that is yellow with the two little mountains and sun on it

13. A window will pop up telling you to enter the URL of the image

14. Press Ctrl+V (hold these keys down at the same time) to paste the text you copied in step 8 above into this field.

15. Click ok and you're done! Your ticker should magically appear.

16. Click save signature and you're done - you can update it as often as you want by going to user CP, click on your current ticker and press delete - then repeat these steps to re-add.

- Show quoted text -

Where did you find those directions? People are always asking me, and I am not sure where those directions are posted on the site. What is the title of the thread that has the directions and steps to do a ticker?

Where are you going in Mexico, I am going to Dr. Kuri and will be banded with my husband on 5/27/08, just before you!

Kammi in Everett, WA

Sufina - welcome. I have found it very helpful to be tied into the local lapband patients in my area so I went under USA Local support groups thread, to my Ohio thread, and then we have all kinds of various groups by the major cities and areas in Ohio and as a result of chatting in that area, we actually formed a local support group that meets at a mall once a month and involves only lapband patients since we found each of our surgery centers had about 90% Gastric Bypass and 10% lapband patients (or about that split) and we wanted to just have lapband support specifically so it has worked out great for us.

The second group on the website I've found great support through is once you have a band surgery date, mine was March 17, I found tremendous support from the people having surgery at the same time as me, going through the same fears and cheers about going to the hospital, initial diet post op, etc. So that is under Band surgery dates and then it splits by Year and then by Month of surgery.

Third group I've found some support through is whether you have alot to lose or just a certain amount to lose, there are groups for those by weight loss categories so if you have alot to lose, you'll need support from those who understand you're in it for the long haul because its not going to come off in just 6 months or even a year if your BMI is over 40 or 50.

Hope this helps.

Where did you find those directions? People are always asking me, and I am not sure where those directions are posted on the site. What is the title of the thread that has the directions and steps to do a ticker?

I'm sorry I just don't remember :tt1:. A lot of times when I find something that I know I can use I just copy and paste the part I want and email it to myself. I wish I could remember but I've been reading so many posts that I just can't recollect.

The exact directions I have posted, if I find the original poster, there were two that I had, I will post back for ya.

Hi, I'm new to this site and plan on going to Mexico 5/7 for my lapband. I've been googling sites and am a little confused about what the differences are between support groups. Any suggestions? I'd like to find a "home" group. thanks, sufina

Hi Sufina. I'm new to posting also. Just received my surgery day, May 27th. So, I recently found the "2008 May Bandsters" thread. It's interesting because we are all banding in May. I also jump around to all the groups, just because they're educational.

:lol:Dr. OH - St. Francis Hospital - Federal Way, WA