Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm TOTALLY ready.

I'm more then ready, so happy for this.

It's a life changing experience, and I want this more then ever.

I'm ready to be a new person. I'm ready to change my life all around.

But, I'm nervous. Who isn't? I'm a really funny girl, I love to laugh, and joke around. But I don't want my personality to change. It's like, this "fat" has been with me all my life. It's been with me threw the hard times, the good times. I don't want to change the 'Nikki' everyone's known.

Has anyone thought this before? Idk, mabey I'm just crazy.

I've got a best friend, whose big as me, and she thinks I don't need this surgery. She disapproves of it. I think she thinks, that I won't be the same person again. I'll have changed. But I can't blame her..

I go back Monday for my appointment in Chicago for my soon to be lapband!!

-Nikki

:thumbup:

Also, I go back Monday for my monthly app. I'm supposed to be banded next month, or June.

I find out if insurence went threw on Monday!!!!!!!! :thumbup::w00t::rolleyes:

Nikki,

Fat or skinny, you're still the same person. Any of your friends who treat you differently (in a bad way) if you lose the weight, are probably jealous. These sorts of negative people are not the people you need in your life.

I had the same fears -- "But i'm the jolly fat girl. What happens when i'm not fat?" Then, I realized that those people who are my true friends will still treat me the same way, and who knows? Maybe i'll find out that some of my friends aren't really "friends" at all - just having me around to make them feel better about themselves. If that is the case, they are not worth it.

Keep being your beautiful self - those who love you for the person you are will love you no matter how you look. And who knows, maybe you'll find some extra "lovers", if you get my drift :thumbup:

Annie

Good for you! I had my surgery last week and I'm in absolutly no pain right now and I have lost a pretty decent amount of weigt in just my first week. You go, girl.

Just remember, you're changing on the outside, not the inside. You'll still be the same you...

... only skinnier.

Edited by love777pink

Sometimes our friends (espically the big ones) don't want us to do this, because if we change, who is going to be fat with them?

Just know that no matter what, your still you!

I think we've all wondered about the changes we'll go through.....being fat is a big part of who I am....I've done it all my life. I've never been "thin" and I've only had brief periods of time that I've been "normal"......but it's time....just time.

I prefer to think of it as a ME 2.0....the upgraded, more functional version.

You've said it yourself: it's a life changing experience. Change isn't intrinsically bad, really.

I think that we often develop a sort of Stockholm syndrome with our fat dimensions. Do you really want to keep your fat around? Has it really been your friend? (Keep in mind, it's killing you, inch by inch. It is interfering with you living your life. It HINDERS you.) This fat is not you, it's not me. It's just fat. It has no personality.

Your relationships may well change, but the good ones will get better and the bad ones may improve or die off. Who knows? Take a risk, and maybe open yourself to change and growth. No relationship is worth having if you have to harm yourself to keep it.

Enjoy the journey, it can be an interesting ride!