Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conroe or Willis Tx Support Group

I will probably be joining the gym here eventually and that is the best one near my house. I will let you know. There is a social group started that says Dr. Collier patients, I found it under my control panel area. Everyone should join!!! :wub:

That would be great - it is so much nicer to work out with someone!

Hey everyone, I've been out of pocket all week. I have family in and all the day to day running with the kids. We need to set a date for the next meeting. I thought May 24th? Lynne had mentioned next time meeting closer so she didn't have to drive so far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Minpinmom, How do you like the gym? I would love to join but with summer coming up all three of my kids will be home so it just won't happen until school starts back in the fall. If you are still going there then maybe we can get together.

Sarah, How's the diet going? I hope things are going well for you. Do you work every Friday night? OH, thanks for telling us what your DH said, that made me feel good. I started out with 120 lbs to lose so the 28 lbs lost feels great but still have a long way to go.

smgallop, I am a stay at home mom, so if you don't mind a three year old tagging along, I could meet you some time at lunch. My daughter is in preschool on Mon. and Wed. so those days it would be me and Nicholas. Just let me know. Where do you work in Conroe?

Hey Lynne, How's it going? Did you get in to see the Dr. yet? How about your next fill? I go on the 9th. If the appts. weren't on Fridays I would go in later and we could ride together from Conroe. I hate traffic in Houston on Friday's. I make it out pretty easy when I have morning appts. Well, I guess that won't work out because I have to pick up my son at 3:00.

Hi Marlene, I was wondering where you had been hiding and was about to call you... I work no set schedule, it all depends on DH rotating 24 hour schedule so it varies to reduce the need for babysitting. I work that stretch for the 24th but I can meet up in the morning between Huntsville/Montgomery like las time. I would be able to meet up for lunch if the dates fits my schedule. I am home today with Andrew, all of our plans got canceled :thumbup: for today. I hate to get out but I need help with this pre-op diet stuff. I bought a magic bullet for the shakes but need skim milk, we have whole at home for the baby. I have no fruit but bananas right now. I was so confused that I just had a cup of coffee for Breakfast. I guess it is off to the grocery store....

Its time to plan the next group meeting/event. Anyone have any ideas?? I figured this coming weekend is out due to Memorial day weekend and all. Anyone have any ideas? I am open and would love to meet up again!:confused_smile:

There is a support group meeting at Conroe Hospital on June 10th at 630. They are going to be holding it once a month and dates to be announced that night I believe. I recieved the info from Dr Colliers office.

When I saw Dr. Collier on the 9th he told me that in June they would be starting a support group but I haven't received anything from his office. Did they call, email or how did you receive the info on the support group?

I have an appt on the 4th with Dr. Collier, if ya'll want to meet that day or evening. Let me know.

How's it going Sarah? Hope you are doing good.

Melinda, how are you doing?

I'm doing good, at least I think I am. I don't know how much additional weight I've lost but I"m sure I've lost some. I have an appt for a fill on the 4th, guess I'll wait and see if I need it or if I put it off for a bit...I'll probably get a little bit of a fill, I'd rather have slow fills and many then for them to be agressive, it seems to work for me. I'll see what Dr. Collier says on the 4th.

Please give me the info on the support group, I'll probably drive in for it, I'll just have to see. I know I'm out of town part of that week, I sure hope it's not that day.

Let me know what's going on with everyone, call me anytime or email...I'm here for ya'll !! :crying:

Dont forget Journeylite is having their support meeting tonight at the main office. I wont be there though :sad: I have my nutritionist appointment today at 3pm and it is my only family night. See my ticker!!! I am now on mushies...

Sarah Great job on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!! How's work? Did you have a hard time going back? When do you get your first fill?

Hey Lynne, How's it going? Don't you get a fill this week? I'm still not sure if I will get another or wait. I guess we'll see what the doctor says. I made it through my trip to the in laws.. Yea!!!!!!!!!! I need to get back on track with the walking now.

I hope all is going well for you both.

hi Everyone!! How are things going?? Thank you Sherri for getting me back on the right track. I had some Soup, pudding and eggs yesterday. Today was a Protein shake, Soup, and creamy tuna salad. I didnt get a chance to walk today and it is already 6am.

When is the next meet up? I think I am free on Saturday the 7th.

Hey Sarah, glad to help. You should call Karen and talk to her, that's what she's for and she's the expert!

I'll be in Conroe and Houston tomorrow, I'll give you and Melinda a call and see if either of you can meet me at some point. I'm seeing Dr. Collier in the afternoon and JourneyLite in the morning but I'm getting my Woodlands shopping addiction taken care of before and inbetween appointments. I'll also get my Conroe fixes after my Dr. Collier appt. Hopefully we can meet. Let me know, or I'll call.

I'm sending you an email with some info we talked about the other day.

Take care and call anytime! Hope to see you tomorrow. :eek: